News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JMEvensky

Re: Size Matters.
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2008, 09:29:05 AM »
As a Longhorn alum who hasn't been back to Austin in too many years,where exactly is Austin Golf Club?

It's on 71 west of town, at Spicewood where you turn off to go to the Palmer Barton Creek course (#4 of the four to my eye) and the Lakecliff CC course that is pretty good.  You can't see the C&C Austin Golf Club from the road.

If you know where to look you will see the giant flagpole. that's the best reference point, aside from the fence.

Thanks.Now if I can just remember where the hell 71 and Spicewood are.It's been way too long.

Out west of town, it used to be the sticks but now it's close to everything. The new Galleria is actually pretty close to it.

Does this mean that Bert's BBQ and Dirty Martin's are no longer the centers of the universe?

Steve Lang

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 09:53:16 AM »
 8) Man are you going to have some visual and mental shock when you do return to Austin..

As far as testing one's game, don't you need a little of everything, not too much of anything?  My favorite course in The Woodlands has big, medium, small, angled, elevated, contoured, domed-crowned -turtle back, divided, potato chip, square, wide, shallow, curvy, biarritz, redan and flattish type green characteristics mixed together..  the last 4 holes have 15) turtle back, 16)very small flattish blind from alps, 17) thin front-angled-wider backed small, and 18) elevated-false front, false right-side-long-wide in back.. which means, if you aren't ready and accurate you're going to suffer at the finish.

p.s.  the waite staff in Austin is still right up there in education with those in Boulder and Berkeley

« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 10:11:44 AM by Steve Lang »
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Sam Morrow

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2008, 10:05:28 AM »
As a Longhorn alum who hasn't been back to Austin in too many years,where exactly is Austin Golf Club?

It's on 71 west of town, at Spicewood where you turn off to go to the Palmer Barton Creek course (#4 of the four to my eye) and the Lakecliff CC course that is pretty good.  You can't see the C&C Austin Golf Club from the road.

If you know where to look you will see the giant flagpole. that's the best reference point, aside from the fence.

Thanks.Now if I can just remember where the hell 71 and Spicewood are.It's been way too long.

Out west of town, it used to be the sticks but now it's close to everything. The new Galleria is actually pretty close to it.

Does this mean that Bert's BBQ and Dirty Martin's are no longer the centers of the universe?

Hmm, I've never been to either of those places. Sorry.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2008, 10:00:12 AM »

Has anybody been to the new Las Manitas?  They had to move down Commerce St when Marriott or somebody like that bought the block their old place was in downtown.  Best migas in Austin.  ;D

Sam Morrow

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2008, 04:50:34 PM »

Has anybody been to the new Las Manitas?  They had to move down Commerce St when Marriott or somebody like that bought the block their old place was in downtown.  Best migas in Austin.  ;D

Never been there. The best ritas I ever had in Austin were about 4 years ago when I made them by hand. It was 4am and I was in some coeds apartment, I had met her an hour earlier but we became good friends. I was at the Bullock Museum ( a must see!!!!) by 9 and on #1 at Grey Rock by 12!!!!!

Bill_McBride

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2008, 07:22:20 PM »

Never been there. The best ritas I ever had in Austin were about 4 years ago when I made them by hand. It was 4am and I was in some coeds apartment, I had met her an hour earlier but we became good friends. I was at the Bullock Museum ( a must see!!!!) by 9 and on #1 at Grey Rock by 12!!!!!

"Migas" are a great Tex-Mex egg dish that are even better when mixed with a side order of chorizo.  A side order of a Margarita wouldn't be a bad idea either!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back