News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan Kelly

Re: Caption Contest
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2008, 10:45:32 AM »

In retirement -- after a long and illustrious run on Santa's fabulous flying sleigh -- the Most Famous Reindeer of All, Rudolph the Red-Nosed, was reduced to lugging the Jolly Old Elf's "Tour Bag" across the frozen expanses of the Arctic, in search of a golf course not yet closed for the season.

(Note: Why do cartoonists always draw triangular golf-course flags?)

« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 10:49:09 AM by Dan Kelly »
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Anthony Gray

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2008, 10:46:27 AM »

Captions are fun but…

How many recognised the course as Royal Dornoch and was that
Ian Andrew in the back ground?

I believe that is Holston Hills.

Anthony

Kirk Gill

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2008, 10:51:21 AM »
"Reindeer game my ASS."
"After all, we're not communists."
                             -Don Barzini

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2008, 10:53:58 AM »

The whole "Rudolph Myth" was a clever PR-scheme designed to explain away the protruding Gin Blossom on Prancer's prominent proboscis after years of hitting the sauce hard. 

After that infamous Christmas Eve fall from grace, however, during his later years working as Santa's caddy it became increasingly difficult to conceal that he was just another angry, drunken, broken-down reindeer living hoof-to-mouth off his former reputation.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 11:50:40 AM by MikeCirba »

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008, 11:01:55 AM »

Anthony

If it Holston, I’ll have a pint of Holston Pils please ready for me in the bar at the 19th .

Thanks

Melvyn

PS Have you noticed no carts and only 10 clubs with no GPS or Range Finder for Old Santa - makes you want to believe in Santa!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2008, 11:07:21 AM »
"Hmmmph... I'm updating my resume when I get home.  Maybe the Easter Bunny is hiring."

Jay Flemma

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2008, 11:16:35 AM »
"Reindeer game my ASS."

Hey Kirk, I though it was "reindeer games my Fatass" ;D

"Santa, I could care less about the stinkin' tie-ins being smooth, how many cubic yards of earth they moved, or how the frozen ice makes the green speed too fast for these contours at below 32 degrees.  This is ski season.  Get your Fatass (prounounces Fu-taaahs) on a Burton, and I'll meet you in the chalet."

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2008, 11:24:26 AM »
"Ah you fat bastard, you haven't hit it out of your shadow in years!"

Jeff Fortson

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2008, 11:31:05 AM »
Any caption ideas for this cartoon...

..."This fat ass better know to tip me half the caddy fee which is $60 making it a total of $90.  If he doesn't, I am going to call him a Peeler to his face and shame him for life and then he'll go on GCA and talk about how I am no better than Squeegee Guy Bum."
#nowhitebelt

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2008, 11:46:58 AM »

Mike

I have been told the following…

Rudolph’s problems started because he was a prolific user of the cart and artificial aids. Lost the will to walk and think for himself. So in the depths of despair he turned to GCA in the hope of salvation – but as is the way with the world today once scarred with carts and artificial aids there can never be any salvation, he is doomed, I say doomed to walk the fairways every Christmas for eternity.  Seeking forgiveness by trying to persuade other poor sods that the short term benefits come with a hefty penalty.

So if you see a Red Nose Caddy approaching you over Christmas, don’t worry  all you need do is promise never use carts or artificial aids again and you will free him from his labours.

So Children not only can electronic toys make you blind, but by given them up you help some poor dumb animal as well. ;)

A Christmas Mini Story :D

Melvyn

Norbert P

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2008, 11:48:00 AM »

Santa  "So, I finally get to play Fernandina Beach GC. Too bad it's covered in all this cocaine. But where's Tommy Paul? Oh! That must be him carrying the dog leash."

Rudolph "Hey, Santa, this gig sucks. I'm not even a Christian."

« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 11:56:06 AM by Slag Bandoon »
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Mike Benham

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2008, 12:05:45 PM »

PS Have you noticed no carts and only 10 clubs with no GPS or Range Finder for Old Santa - makes you want to believe in Santa!

Also notice that Santa is shading and squinting his eyes, obviously suffering from poor eyesight, for which he has a caddy to give him the distances ...

The shaky legs of Rudolph, the exertion required to carry Santa's heavy heavy Staff Bag probably means that Santa has 27 golf balls, a GPS, a laser range finder, a cell phone, a pint or two of whiskey and 100 watt Pioneer boom box stereo in his bag.

And if I recall correctly, Santa, when asking Rudolph to caddy for him stated  ""Rudolph with your nose so bright, won't you guide my round of golf tonight?" 
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Norbert P

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2008, 12:10:33 PM »
Rudy  "All I want for Christmas is opposing thumbs so I can grab a club and wrap it around this fat guy's skull."
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Casey Wade

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2008, 12:20:00 PM »
I can't believe he waited this long to get a reduced rate at Bandon!
Some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

John Burzynski

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2008, 12:32:55 PM »
"I didn't realize that this is what Santa meant when he said we were 'hoofing it' on the golf course instead of taking a cart."

"Sure, this guy can drop down chimneys and fly up chimneys with his toy bag, let's see how well he'd do hauling a bag for 7000 yards in the snow."

"Santa, the sign int he proshop said that you were supposed to wear soft spikes on this course".

Mike Hendren

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2008, 12:44:52 PM »
Is that an old vinyl Power Bilt bag?

Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Sam Morrow

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2008, 01:02:37 PM »
Atleast Santa doesn't take a cart.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2008, 01:48:49 PM »

Melvyn,

That can't be Royal Dornach because it is not snowing sideways.

Anthony

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2008, 01:53:08 PM »
I can't believe it!  Mr. Ho Ho Ho is using a freaking cheater line!!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 03:07:52 PM by MikeCirba »

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2008, 02:11:03 PM »
Looks like my drive leaked a little Westward Ho Ho Ho.

...Groan
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2008, 02:14:41 PM »
"Stare as long as you want, Tinkerbell - it ain't never gonna be no Pismo Beach!"
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 02:17:38 PM by Peter Pallotta »

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2008, 02:20:05 PM »
As Lead Designer Kris Kringle haphazardly laid out his typical "18 stakes on a Sunday afternoon" for another group of starry-eyed investors, associate Rudolph fumed close behind, knowing too well that soon all the thankless grunt work of plowing, shaping,and grassing would once again be left totally up to him.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 04:21:47 PM by MikeCirba »

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2008, 02:36:38 PM »
Rudolph ny good man...would you say this hole is more of an Alps or a redan?

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2008, 02:38:28 PM »
"Yeah, keep posing - your routing sucks and you got no eye for detail, and I could sh-t out better hazards in my sleep. But keep posing..."

mike_malone

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2008, 02:41:08 PM »
           So, this is "going down in history" ?!
AKA Mayday

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back