News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

Re: .
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2008, 11:55:26 AM »
Ouch...I guess that ole theory of a monkey and a typewriter must be true.

Scott Sander

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2008, 11:57:06 AM »
I'm new here, so forgive me if this is a bit forward - I've always wanted to play "The Period at Deleted Post", but it's very private and I don't exactly have the right connections.

Any chance any of you could get me on?  I'll be happy to buy hot dogs at the turn.

Thanks in advance - you guys are great - GCA is the best!!!

JSPayne

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2008, 12:01:52 PM »
I don't like this thread.......I can't click on it when I'm drunk.   :P
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing it's best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." -E.E. Cummings

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2008, 12:40:11 PM »

I nominate this for topic of the year.

I find it concise, thoughtful, poignant yet ridiculous with a hint of obscenity in a grandiose sort of way.

Anthony

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2008, 12:47:35 PM »
On this side of the pond this thread would have been brought to a full stop.

Jeff Shelman

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2008, 12:59:38 PM »
Hey John,

Stay classy, why don't you.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2008, 01:04:51 PM »
Oh no...Have I offended the translate Morse Code on a golf architecture web site crowd?  When and if your mother is so lucky to pass away before you do I hope you look back on the time spent doing this when you could have been on the phone with her telling her how you feel instead of posting how you feel about me.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2008, 01:12:25 PM »
I am always shocked how little you people understand about human nature and the weakness of man.  You see, Kalen if far more guilty than me for providing an avenue for understanding obscenity than I am for being obscene.  By doing so he turned humor into obscenity.  He reminds me of the kid who sees that someone drew hair on a clam and then turns it into the teacher.

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2008, 01:26:51 PM »
What a bunch of whining, ..-.-..-..-.-.'s. John's post was funny and what's more, it would not have been as funny if it didn't spell anything. It was funny before I used the handy tool to look it up because I knew that it probably said something mean, rather than gibberish, and it was funny after.

Seriously, if you don't get it, never, never, ever, ever, ever, never see a comedian in concert or even on TV. You will be offended.

Charlie

P.S. mine is gibberish

EDIT: I want to add that I am not making any judgments of the complainer's as human beings, just saying lighten up and take yourself less seriously. I did not change my original text even though it may have been rancorous, but since the web removes context, I wanted to lighten up myself and explain better what I meant.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:32:22 PM by Charlie Goerges »
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Garland Bayley

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2008, 01:55:38 PM »
Seriously, if you don't get it, never, never, ever, ever, ever, never see a comedian in concert or even on TV. You will be offended.

Charlie,

There are two kinds of humor. The easy way out humor that I suspect you are referring to above, and more intelligent humor, that is even funnier and more rewarding if you have to use your mind to get it.

I would recommend Tim Conway and Bill Cosby to you, who I believe to be far funnier than any of the easy way out crowd.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

PCCraig

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2008, 01:55:54 PM »
This is a typical stupid OT thread that gets started on here, JK rips it for being OT, but then JK provokes everyone else into frenzy, ergo the thread lives on.
H.P.S.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2008, 02:10:48 PM »
As I stated on another thread, once the golf season dies down for the year, it becomes the Barney season on GCA.com
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2008, 03:09:52 PM »

Charlie,

There are two kinds of humor. The easy way out humor that I suspect you are referring to above, and more intelligent humor, that is even funnier and more rewarding if you have to use your mind to get it.

I would recommend Tim Conway and Bill Cosby to you, who I believe to be far funnier than any of the easy way out crowd.

Garland,

I can't comment on Tim Conway, but I think Bill Cosby is funny (I enjoy what I've heard of Bob Newhart's standup even more than Cosby and he rarely used rough language(if at all)). I agree with you R.E. easy way out humor. I just don't think that "bad" language is the dividing line between intelligent humor and the Easy Way Out (EWO for short) stuff.

Here's what I mean (all of the below have used harsh language in their acts):

George Carlin - Intelligent
Lewis Black - Intelligent

Andrew Dice Clay - EWO
Pauly Shore - EWO

Now, the guys you mentioned are also intelligent, as well as many others who never use harsh language, the rule is that it has to be funny. There are comedians who never use harsh language who are EWO as well. I remember one guy (forgot his name) I saw in college, who appealed to one of his audience's baser instincts: sentimentality. Literally all this guy had to do was say "light bright" or "transformers" and the audience would be laughing.

Take care,

Charlie
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:14:18 PM by Charlie Goerges »
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

paul cowley

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2008, 03:24:49 PM »
What I like best about this thread was how little kindling it took to start a nice little fireside chat with friends.....of GOLF that is.

Now, does that put us back on topic?

paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

Mike Benham

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2008, 03:28:46 PM »
. .
"... and I liked the guy ..."

paul cowley

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2008, 03:33:35 PM »
!

paul cowley

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2008, 03:48:48 PM »
hsirebbig......how FORE art thou hsirebbig?

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2008, 03:54:37 PM »
How is it that this thread has garnered more responses than 99% of my posts? ???

Apparently the economy isn't hurting drug sales...
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Garland Bayley

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2008, 03:57:03 PM »
How is it that this thread has garnered more responses than 99% of my posts? ???

Apparently the economy isn't hurting drug sales...

We're all envious of the Swedish girl friend and not talking to you.

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2008, 04:19:35 PM »
What I like best about this thread was how little kindling it took to start a nice little fireside chat with friends.....of GOLF that is.

Now, does that put us back on topic?

the humble dot - like a micro-contour on a gently-sloping fairway, the subtlest of strategic elements, easy to ignore and to disparage, but in the right hands a powerhouse tool

Peter

Kyle Harris

« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2008, 04:49:44 PM »
..-. ..- -.-. -.-   . .- -.-. ....   .- -. -..   . ...- . .-. -.-- --- -. .   --- ..-.   -.-- --- ..-   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   -.-. ..- -. -   -- --- - .... . .-. ...

Thanks John, same to you.

Kyle Harris
Amateur Radio Callsign: N3ZSC
20 WPM Morse Code License

TEPaul

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2008, 05:15:49 PM »
"Paul,
Thanks for not mentioning Merion."

Anthony Gray:

How do you know he didn't?

Mike Mosely

« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2008, 05:28:12 PM »
This is a typical stupid OT thread that gets started on here, JK rips it for being OT, but then JK provokes everyone else into frenzy, ergo the thread lives on.

I absolutely agree.  Paul use an OT next time, will you?  Or better still, think before you give into whatever pointless impulse spawned this waste of time and bandwith.  If you hadn't have started another silly thread - yes, ANOTHER - Barney wouldn't have offended everyone and their mothers - Literally, no less!  Whoever said get a life we are responding to nothing was right.

Someone wash Barney's mouth out with soap.  That was filthy and a despicable ambush.  That might be marginally funny in a stand up routine, but whoever said go listen to Bill Cosby is right.  He made, "what the foul filth filth and foul and your filth and foul" uproariously funny.

Barney, I dare you to post that in English...or send it to Ran...or say it at the dinner table at Victoria National.  Kalen, thanks for enabling him.  None of us would have even bothered if you hadn't have posted the link.  Are you proud of what it says?  So much you want everyone to read it?

Well I'll tell everyone, don't waste your time or your good holiday cheer.  Go click on something more useful and less dramatic.. Like sweeney's hannah Montana discussion board or www.passedoutwookies.com

Although a few of the jokes on the thread were funny, it's a shame they have to be dimmed by a cretinous, selfish act.  It's this garbage that gives us all a bad name.  Is this how you want people to view GCA?

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2008, 05:37:17 PM »

Barney, I dare you to post that in English...

Di-di-dah-dit Di-di-dah Dah-di-dah-dit Dah-di-dah Dit Di-dah Dah-di-dah-dit Di-di-di-dit Di-dah Dah-dit Dah-di-dit Dit Di-di-di-dah Dit Di-dah-dit Dah-di-dah-dah Dah-dah-dah Dah-dit Dit Dah-dah-dah Di-di-dah-dit Dah-di-dah-dah Dah-dah-dah Di-di-dah Di-dah Dah-dit Dah-di-dit Dah-di-dah-dah Dah-dah-dah Di-di-dah Di-dah-dit Dah-di-dah-dit Di-di-dah Dah-dit Dah Dah-dah Dah-dah-dah Dah Di-di-di-dit Dit Di-dah-dit Di-di-dit

Mike Mosely

« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2008, 05:44:22 PM »
I figured as much.  You don't have the guts.  How about at V.N.?  Go tell that to the membership director...or say it in the dining hall.  I dare you to say it to your mother.  She'll be so proud. >:(

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back