News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Neil_Crafter

Re: You guys need some nicknames.....
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2008, 08:04:54 AM »
And Jeff
if you ever do a course in Germany it can be Brauer Kraut CC.

(apologies to any offended Germans out there, but we won the war, so there)

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2008, 08:12:28 AM »
I want to know when we will see Urbina Champaign CC.  Has any other super star given an associate marque billing like we finding with Doak/Urbina.

Its typically referred to as Champaign-Urbina........Of course, I would love to return to the Illini state to do a course somewhere near Bloomington, IL.  As some would tell you, it would be as close to Normal as I would ever get!

Neil,

I will propose that for my next client.  From the sounds of the Lehman thread, that might be.....well, never.  So of course, all my current projects in development will be called......Neverland. :D
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2008, 08:18:51 AM »
I want to know when we will see Urbina Champaign CC.  Has any other super star given an associate marque billing like we finding with Doak/Urbina.

Its typically referred to as Champaign-Urbina........Of course, I would love to return to the Illini state to do a course somewhere near Bloomington, IL.  As some would tell you, it would be as close to Normal as I would ever get!

Neil,

I will propose that for my next client.  From the sounds of the Lehman thread, that might be.....well, never.  So of course, all my current projects in development will be called......Neverland. :D

At least if you never build another golf course you have a jacket that fits your comedy routine.

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2008, 08:20:55 AM »
As it happens, that jacket may fit a comedy routine better than it fits me right now!  But, I don't think it fits a comedy routine at all. It is Ross Family Tartan, symbolic of ASGCA, and I wear it proudly. And to Xmas parties........

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2008, 08:39:07 AM »
As it happens, that jacket may fit a comedy routine better than it fits me right now!  But, I don't think it fits a comedy routine at all. It is Ross Family Tartan, symbolic of ASGCA, and I wear it proudly. And to Xmas parties........

Have you seen how ripped those guys carrying their family pictures out of Lehman are?  When did the fat cats start pumping iron?

I'll never forget going to the GCSAA convention and seeing the architects wearing Tartan.  It reminded me of the guy who wears a yarmulke to a Fellowship of Christian Athletes convention.  You guys are better than supers, we get it.  Does any other occupation, besides Century 21, have such a ridiculous symbol of their status?

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2008, 08:51:31 AM »
After we adopted the jacket in 1971, a lot of golf groups started using similar jackets for their members. The sups where simple grey, I think.  Say what you want, the ASGCA Tartan has done it job since its recognizealbe as a brand. Not bad for a group that is .00000000001% as funded as, say Lehman Bros.  Well after today, we may be funded about .000000001% as well as Lehman Bros.  Tommorrow we will be closer to even, and we will still exist!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back