News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joel_Stewart

I crossed the line
« on: September 03, 2008, 01:50:02 PM »
I recently made some comments on this web site that crossed the line on decency and were completely inappropriate.  For those words, I would like to apologize to the superintendent of my club.

Although no member, the superintendent or club official contacted me directly, a few did contact Ran and voiced their objection.  No club should have their dirty laundry exposed in this forum and I regret that my club has been exposed to such open critique.

Sincerely,

Joel Stewart
joelstewart@gmail.com

John Kavanaugh

Re: I crossed the line
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 02:04:24 PM »
Joel,

I am sorry to hear about your recent revelation that members are not allowed to critique their clubs in this forum.  I have had to swear off discussing any of the clubs where I am a member for the same reason.

Golf critique is the bastion of cowardice when we are only allowed to discuss where we are guests or daily fee paying visitors.  I can only hope the next time architects such as Fazio, Jones or most recently Forest Richardson get slammed they receive the same protected status.

John Moore II

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 02:28:02 PM »
While I did not see the comments in question (and I suppose its asking too much to show them again) I doubt they were terribly over the line. After all, you, as a member, are a primary stakeholder in the club. Is it too much to ask for a superintendent or owner or whoever to be accountable to his members? If you were not getting the accountability you thought you deserved, what other course of action was available to you?

Adam Clayman

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 02:39:29 PM »
Whatever happened to Frank?

Joel, I also did not read your comments, but, calling Ran? They are the one's who owe you an apology.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 03:04:45 PM »
Joel,
I know how you feel. I once reported something on here about a club and it wasn't received well by a member who had previously hosted us at this club.
He made it known to me and I asked Tommy to remove the whole thread,  I felt bad - I didn't do it with any mischievous or harmful intent - I apologized to him, et al., - I hoped that he would accept it.

Don't know if he did, but I felt better.

You just did your penance.     
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Carl Nichols

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 03:56:00 PM »
I'm quite new to the DG, and thus wade very carefully into these discussions about decorum.....but my reaction to the thread to which Joel refers is that most of the substance of his comments was completely legitimate and appropriate for this forum, but that some of the language he used (which I won't repeat) was quite intemperate and inappropriate.  If I were the person in question, I would've regarded them as fightin' words.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back