News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Young

Which supt has the best decked out wagon?
« on: August 31, 2008, 08:18:26 PM »
Or should I say cushman, EZ Go or truckster.....need to see pictures.....
I just saw one with Ipod built in, electric cooler, dog cushion, stimp meter rack and more.....
I will give a ribbon to the best one....
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 08:33:59 PM by Mike_Young »
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Dan Herrmann

Re: Which supt has the best decked out wagon?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 08:20:20 PM »
Our guy has a good old simple, well-used Cushman.  The horn works.  Does that count?

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 08:26:09 PM »
I thought only asst supers drove those things.

John Moore II

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 08:28:16 PM »

What do the Supers driver? Oh wait, they drive Cadillacs and sit in the office all day.  ::)::)::)::)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 09:11:00 PM by JOHN K. MOORE »

Mike_Young

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 08:33:13 PM »

What do the Supers driver? Oh wait, they drive Cadillacs and sit in the office all day. :D :D :D :D
yeah but they wear those foot joys with the waffle soles.....BTW I do know one that drives an EXcalade around the course....oh..but he owns the place also.... ;D

PGertner

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 08:37:15 PM »
What do the Supers driver? Oh wait, they drive Cadillacs and sit in the office all day.

It figures a comment like this would come from a guy with a PGA logo next to his name.  Idiot.  Sad to see that GCA continues to slide further downhill as it has become a Super bashing site. 

Patrick Gertner
Potowomut Golf Club
East Greenwich, RI

Cory Lewis

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 08:51:58 PM »
Mr. Gertner,

Please don't lump all golf professionals into a group because of the comments of one person, I work extremelly well with our superintendent and bend over backwards to do anything to help them because I realize the golf course is a success because of the work they do. 
Instagram: @2000golfcourses
http://2000golfcourses.blogspot.com

Mike_Young

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 08:55:36 PM »
Aw Pat come on....I think the world of supts....the first people I saw make fun of the pretty supts was other supts....I thought a thread on their wagons would come back to the guys that actually took pride in this stuff...nothing was meant as a slap.....
As for the PGA guys....they wear those ribbons at the show also...but they also add cufflinks....and they start walking with their feet out like little penquins in alligator loafers.....and now they all have the little leather softside briefcases with their club logo.....AND the highpoint of the show for them is being able to have a rep shift a product showing with another prominent club in order to show them the line..THATS BIG .....AND what theY hate is having to be shown the Fairway and Greene line while sitting  next to some public course pro and his wife with the big blonde hair and  a redneck architect eating chicken fingers and dove bars...dropping chocalate on stuff ....most make sure the rep knows their dissatisfaction........of course the really big guys have their ah Dah "buyer" sitting advising....THATS ALSO BIG
See I can be a jerk to any group....thats a true professional ;D ;D ;D ;D

John Moore II

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 08:57:19 PM »
What do the Supers driver? Oh wait, they drive Cadillacs and sit in the office all day.

It figures a comment like this would come from a guy with a PGA logo next to his name.  Idiot.  Sad to see that GCA continues to slide further downhill as it has become a Super bashing site. 

Patrick Gertner
Potowomut Golf Club
East Greenwich, RI

Patrick--I have extreme respect for all Superintendents. 99% of them work far, FAR harder than I do. My comment was not meant to be mean spirited or mean at all. Kavanaugh made a stupid comment and I followed it with an equally stupid one. Thats why I followed it with 4 laughing faces. I was not trying to bash Super's at all.

And I don't appreciate being call an Idiot. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 09:00:43 PM by JOHN K. MOORE »

Tim Copeland

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 08:57:36 PM »
I just want to see a certain cupholder...and more pics of the renovations
I need a nickname so I can tell all that I know.....

PGertner

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 09:16:16 PM »
Hey guys....apologies. 

Please look at the calendar with me and see that tomorrow is Sept 1....and it has been a long summer.  Most of us Supers haven't been to the pool OR the pond yet.   

Peace!!

Patrick Gertner
Potowomut Golf Club
East Greenwich, RI

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 09:46:05 PM »
I thought I made an accurate observation.  It was not a slam towards anyone.

Pat Brockwell

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 08:15:29 PM »
John, You just called your own comment stupid, why can't we pile on?  I don't want to lump all of you pros together either, 90% of you guys give the other 10% a bad name. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  You just taught me something fun! Thanks! ;)  My ride got pimped by the cart girl last weekend when hers wasn't fast enough.    She can hold a cup, but she can't keep it cold.

John Moore II

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 09:05:47 PM »
John, You just called your own comment stupid, why can't we pile on?  I don't want to lump all of you pros together either, 90% of you guys give the other 10% a bad name. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  You just taught me something fun! Thanks! ;)  My ride got pimped by the cart girl last weekend when hers wasn't fast enough.    She can hold a cup, but she can't keep it cold.

What did I teach you that was fun? I don't actually believe what I said, just so you know.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 11:03:02 PM »
This is how they haul the crew around at Wack Wack in Manila.

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 09:11:14 AM »
Isn't the dog cushion a must?

In all seriousness, having racks and holders for the most used tools makes lots of sense and IS a  sign that the super isn't a "stay in the AC" kind of guy/gal.  Kind of like a laptop for business people, the cart is the supers office away from the office.  And given the travel time/distance on many housing courses, a fast cart would be a big advantage as well.
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back