News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt_Ward

Related question to those who don't mind making the effort such treks entail.

What impact, if any, will the skyrocketing gas prices mean for any future such efforts?

For me -- it has impacted to some degree but I'm still itching to lave if a solid course is just around the corner - even if that corner is 400+ miles away !!! ;D

Steve Kline

I would think it all depends on the course and how many times you have played it and your prospects for future play on said course. For example, if someone told me I could CPC I would probably drop everything and cost would be rather immaterial. If it were Pebble - I would pass as I've already played it twice. If it were Medinah - I'd probably pass even though I haven't played it. Any of the courses on LI we all dream about - I'd leave for those. Muirfield Village - a short drive from home - no thanks I've played it twice. But Scioto, Golf Club, Canterbury, Sand Ridge and Kirtland - I wouldn't even think twice about driving there. Valhalla I just played and can probably get on any time I want so it would depend on who's going with me.

Patrick Kiser

I drove a stretch from Black Mesa to Lubbock to play the Rawls at Texas Tech the following day.

That was a pretty good day  ;D
“One natural hazard, however, which is more
or less of a nuisance, is water. Water hazards
absolutely prohibit the recovery shot, perhaps
the best shot in the game.” —William Flynn, golf
course architect

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back