News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ash Towe

Cape Kidnappers and Kauri Cliffs on NBC.
« on: July 29, 2008, 08:44:25 PM »
A 2 round event called the Kiwi Challenge has been announced.

4 players Anthony Kim, Adam Scott, Hunter Mahan and Brandt Snedeker will play 18 holes at Kauri Cliffs on October 27 and 18 holes at Cape Kidnappers the following day.

Prize money is US$2.6 million with the winner getting US$2 million.

The film of the event should be shown in November in a 4-6p.m. weekend time slot probably in November.

It could be very interesting at that time of the year especially at it likely the wind will blow.

Garland Bayley

Re: Cape Kidnappers and Kauri Cliffs on NBC.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 08:46:21 PM »
Thanks for the good news Ashe.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

RJ_Daley

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 08:47:39 PM »
It is good to see the young guns will compete.  I'm getting tired of those skins games with over-the-hill legends that don't even need the money playing in holiday skins games.  It should be senic...
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Patrick Glynn

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 08:47:58 PM »
If anyone could record this and send me on the DVD I would really appreciate it. Not to be a Doak Fan Boy - but I just love his work & seeing Pacific last year at the Curtis Cup was a treat for me. Any idea what other channels it will be on? I am guessing not Irish terrestrial TV regardless...

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 10:00:53 PM »
How does one pronounce "Kauri"?  My two dream courses, bar none.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

mike_beene

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 11:23:35 PM »
I would be willing to play for a lot less than that. It sounds tough to have to go to New Zealand and play those courses.Good thing there is prize money.

Scott Macpherson

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 08:50:48 AM »
'
How does one pronounce "Kauri"?  My two dream courses, bar none.

Pronounce Kauri= 'Cow - Ree'

It is a large growing New Zealand hardwood tree, sacred to the Maori's and renown for its timber. And while very little of this tree is cut down now, it was very popular in the past and many ships in the late 20th century had their masts made from this tree. I think the oldest Kauri still growing in NZ is about 1700 years old.

scott :)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back