News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: MPCC or Pasa:Who has better par 3's
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2008, 06:05:41 PM »
Dear Nephew,

Are you out of your ever-lovin' mind?

Are you sure you aren't just a bit confused?  What's not to like about this lovely little gem with the devilish green?  ???

15 is a short little devilsh gem with hazard short, left, and long.  Tis a beauty indeed.

Time to lay off the scotch a bit doan ya tink?

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2008, 06:51:26 PM »
Dunes (4, 7, 10, 14) v. Shore (3, 6, 9, 11, 14)

9 Shore over 4 Dunes
6 Shore halve 7 Dunes
11 Shore over 10 Dunes
14 Dunes over 3 and 14 Shore

sooo...

Matt,

6 Shore is a par 5.

Bob

Oops!

But I think #9 on Shore is *brilliant*.

Andy Troeger

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2008, 07:00:48 PM »
Both sets are very strong, so I would tend to believe there's no wrong answer as long as you justify your opinion.

I'm tempted to vote for Pasa because as a set the par threes really make you hit 5 different clubs. The yardages from the tips are 217, 194, 177, 141, and 181. The 8th at 177 is downhill at least a club so you really have a nice variety of shots to hit.

Not that the Shore is bad in that respect either. The yardages there are 155, 219, 224, 178, 185. Since #7 and 9 go in opposite directions they would seem to require different clubs often due the ever-present wind. Seems like the same could be said for #11 and 14.

I actually would put #15 and 18 ahead of #3 for my favorite par three at Pasa. #7, 9, and 11 at the Shore are all very strong as well.

I like short par threes, and #15 at Pasa seems a tad stronger than #3 Shore to me, so with that as the tiebreaker and with little to no conviction at all I'll go with Pasa.  :D

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2008, 07:36:40 PM »
Uncle Bill'n'Kuzzin Kalen,
whisky had nothing to do with my criticism. (It might now as the first Laphroaig of the evening has just been poured!)

Pasa is magnificent - even in the torrential rain we saw/played it. BTW, Kudos to my big brer BillV who was the only one of the group to play it out. (personal reasons understandable...)

BUT, 15 is a dog.

Perfectly nice location and situation. Lovely greensite with delightful contouring. Even the TREES are acceptable. GREAT rearward bunker under the trees long left which I gazed at longingly for ages.

However, those front-facing scars are horrible. MacK clearly had had one too many mint juleps the day he accepted that work from the contractor. Straight edges, ill-considered proportion of grass to sand, shapes unsightly to the eye, ARTLESS (and I'd NEVER say that about him!) proportions and juxtaposiotion of the elements.

Sometimes the original SHOULDN'T be restored. There, I've said it. ;)

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2008, 07:40:22 PM »
whisky had nothing to do with my criticism. (It might now as the first Laphroaig of the evening has just been poured!)

Pasa is magnificent - even in the torrential rain we saw/played it. BTW, Kudos to my big brer BillV who was the only one of the group to play it out. (personal reasons understandable...)

BUT, 15 is a dog.

Perfectly nice location and situation. Lovely greensite with delightful contouring. Even the TREES are acceptable. GREAT rearward bunker under the trees long left which I gazed at longingly for ages.

However, those front-facing scars are horrible. MacK clearly had had one too many mint juleps the day he accepted that work from the contractor. Straight edges, ill-considered proportion of grass to sand, shapes unsightly to the eye, ARTLESS (and I'd NEVER say that about him!) proportions and juxtaposiotion of the elements.

FBD.

Ran,

Did you get all this he said about the Good Doctor and his beloved 15th at Pasa?  I've saved off a copy to my hard-drive, so he can't recount now.

I think Mr. Bonnars punishment should be a 1 week suspension from GCA.com, to write 1000 times, "I'm a very naughty boy and won't do it again", and have to play his next 5 rounds at TOC in a buggy!!!  ;)

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2008, 08:11:29 PM »
Both sets are very strong, so I would tend to believe there's no wrong answer as long as you justify your opinion.

I'm tempted to vote for Pasa because as a set the par threes really make you hit 5 different clubs. The yardages from the tips are 217, 194, 177, 141, and 181. The 8th at 177 is downhill at least a club so you really have a nice variety of shots to hit.

Not that the Shore is bad in that respect either. The yardages there are 155, 219, 224, 178, 185. Since #7 and 9 go in opposite directions they would seem to require different clubs often due the ever-present wind. Seems like the same could be said for #11 and 14.

I actually would put #15 and 18 ahead of #3 for my favorite par three at Pasa. #7, 9, and 11 at the Shore are all very strong as well.

I like short par threes, and #15 at Pasa seems a tad stronger than #3 Shore to me, so with that as the tiebreaker and with little to no conviction at all I'll go with Pasa.  :D

Andy,

The 9th of the Shore is 241 from the back markers. In last years State Amateur only two out of 78 players birdied the hole, both hit drivers. Average score was over 4.0.

Bob

Jay Flemma

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2008, 09:06:08 PM »
Strantz's work is prettier, but I think even he'd say Pasa edges him out...but he was humble that way.  I have to give the strategic edge and greens to Pasa...but again, MPCC is prettier.

Once again, we are comparing an Aston Martin and a Bentley...both are awesome.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2008, 10:54:40 PM »

BUT, 15 is a dog.

FBD.

Poppycock!  8)

Andy Troeger

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2008, 11:03:45 PM »
Bob,
Thanks for the correction, I took the number off the scorecard but remember you telling me that statistic before I think. I believe we were into the wind there and I didn't fare too well myself!

Dave_Miller

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2008, 02:17:27 PM »
I think the right way to go about it is to rank them in order and see where they stack up - from best to least.

#7 Shore

#3 Pasa

#11 Shore

#18 Pasa

#5 Pasa

#9 Shore

#8 Pasa

#14 Shore

#3 Shore

#15 Pasa
I have no idea what this gets me, though...

Dave:
You seem to have it just right.  But at the end of the day this is a toss up.
Fairways and greens
Dave

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back