News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brock Peyer

17th at TPC......what if?.......
« on: April 20, 2008, 10:02:24 PM »
I was reading the May Golf Issue and there is an aerial of the 17th at the TPC at Sawgrass on the 85th page. 

I studied the picture for a while and wondered would the hole be better or worse if they added a tee box along the bank in between the 16th green and the normal tee box.  They would be hitting over the bunker but I thought more interestingly, the tree on the little island would be close to their line of play.  I know that the contours in the green are designed for the current tee box but I think that it would be a tougher even more fascinating hole (like it needs to be tougher).

What do you think?

Sorry, I don't know how to post the picture.

Kalen Braley

Re: 17th at TPC......what if?.......
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 10:19:58 PM »
I took an aerial and posted where I think you want to put the teebox.

I'm thinking, my god this hole is brutal enough as it is, why make these guys hit it from back there.

Brock Peyer

Re: 17th at TPC......what if?.......
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 08:33:06 AM »
I took an aerial and posted where I think you want to put the teebox.

I'm thinking, my god this hole is brutal enough as it is, why make these guys hit it from back there.

Thanks for putting the picture on, I wasn't quite thinking where you noted, more where the little white square box is, you are right that it is brutal but it might be interesting on a calm day.  Also, why is that so brutal for guys who make millions playing golf?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back