News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jordan Wall

Sean Reehoorn...
« on: February 19, 2008, 09:38:40 PM »
...just beat the crap out of me in our match today.

Actually we both shot 37 on the front and I took him to the 17th hole before he got me, so he didn't really beat me that bad.

Also, I'm supposed to have another thread for losing the 18th hole, but I'll just let that rest here.  I lost that hole, and my lob wedge too.

James Bennett

Re: Sean Reehoorn...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 10:19:24 PM »
Jordan

did you lose your Lob Wedge, or was it just irretrievable?  I remember once when I temporarily misplaced my sand-iron for about 15 hours.  I found it again the next day when I climbed a tree and used a very long fishing rod to displace it.  It went a bit rusty overnight!

It only happened once.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Gary Daughters

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 10:49:16 PM »
This reminds me of the time my persimmon driver caused an unusual shot and became inoperative.  Too bad, since it turns out to have been a collector's item, but at least it hasn't happened again in the many years since.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 05:37:28 PM by Gary Daughters »
THE NEXT SEVEN:  Alfred E. Tupp Holmes Municipal Golf Course, Willi Plett's Sportspark and Driving Range, Peachtree, Par 56, Browns Mill, Cross Creek, Piedmont Driving Club

Jim Nugent

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 11:01:57 PM »
Jordan

did you lose your Lob Wedge, or was it just irretrievable?  I remember once when I temporarily misplaced my sand-iron for about 15 hours.  I found it again the next day when I climbed a tree and used a very long fishing rod to displace it. 

James B

Sudden, unexpected gusts of wind will do that. 

igrowgrass

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 11:40:21 PM »
lets go back....Jordan hits it on the green on #15(we were even up to this point)  I hit it long over the green, make and all world up and in, he too puts, move on to 16 All-square.
#16, I pipe driver.  Jordan hits it so far right it almost goes left.  I get up and down again to save par, he makes 5, Jordan is now down 1 with 2 to play.
#17 I get a Staff bounce off of the tree on the left side back to the middle of the fairway.  Jordan finds a way to hit his drive on #17 farther right than the one he hit on #16.
I hit wedge to 15 feet, Jordan take four shots from inside 100 yards.  I two put for my par, Jordan loses. 
He continues to talk crap the entire way to the 18tee, we go double or nothing.
I smash three wood down the middle, about 35 yards past the location of Jordan's driver.  He goes fairway bunker to greenside bunker at this point he realizes he lost his wedge.  I two put for my par and conclude the match with "good try Jordan, thanks for coming!"
He should be an easy match play opponent at Kings Putter.  Its pretty easy to get inside his kitchen.  Advice to his opponent: focus on his x-girlfriends and how they plot to get him back.

Thanks again Jordan

David Neveux

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 11:59:55 PM »
Sean are you a fellow SPARTAN? 

Jordan Wall

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 01:12:53 AM »
lets go back....Jordan hits it on the green on #15(we were even up to this point)  I hit it long over the green, make and all world up and in, he too puts, move on to 16 All-square.
#16, I pipe driver.  Jordan hits it so far right it almost goes left.  I get up and down again to save par, he makes 5, Jordan is now down 1 with 2 to play.
#17 I get a Staff bounce off of the tree on the left side back to the middle of the fairway.  Jordan finds a way to hit his drive on #17 farther right than the one he hit on #16.
I hit wedge to 15 feet, Jordan take four shots from inside 100 yards.  I two put for my par, Jordan loses. 
I smash three wood down the middle, about 35 yards past the location of Jordan's driver.  He goes fairway bunker to greenside bunker at this point he realizes he lost his wedge.  I two put for my par and conclude the match with "good try Jordan, thanks for coming!"
He should be an easy match play opponent at Kings Putter.  Its pretty easy to get inside his kitchen.  Advice to his opponent: focus on his x-girlfriends and how they plot to get him back.

Thanks again Jordan

Sean - I dont have any ex-girlfriends.  After all, they all still call me.
 ;D

Kyle Harris

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 05:35:30 AM »

Thanks again Jordan

Sean - I dont have any ex-girlfriends.  After all, they all still call me.
 ;D

That's even easier...

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 07:31:16 AM »
Fellow Spartan here...tough week for the baskeball team last week...

Tony Nysse
Asst. Supt.
Colonial CC
Ft. Worth, TX
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Craig Van Egmond

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 08:55:34 AM »
I'm the son of Spartans, born in East Lansing, but make no mistake I'm a Cowboy!

Kinda similar though to be a Spartan, living in the shadow of the 'football' school.

Go Pokes!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 09:00:50 AM by Craig Edgmand »

igrowgrass

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 11:10:49 PM »
How strong are The Michigan State University ties on this board?

George Freeman

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 11:20:08 PM »
Fellow Spartan living in Metro Detroit
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Joe Hancock

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 08:22:31 AM »
I didn't attend, but I had the pleasure of paying for my son's 2 year turf degree.....

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

BVince

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 12:22:53 PM »
Jordan, where are you located out of?  I am in the Fort Lewis area...it would be great to get together and play a few rounds.  Have you played the Home Course yet?
If profanity had an influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be played far better than it is. - Horace Hutchinson

Jordan Wall

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 12:29:10 PM »
Bryon,

Yes I have, it is a fun track.
I would enjoy a round very much.

Cheers,
Jordan

Joe Hancock

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 12:32:35 PM »
Is there any truth to the story floating around that says Jordan is OK to golf with, as long as the sign on the pro shop door reads "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem!"?

;D
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

BVince

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 01:35:14 PM »
I am having trouble sending a message, what is the best way to contact you JW
If profanity had an influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be played far better than it is. - Horace Hutchinson

Sean Leary

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 01:45:06 PM »

Call the Biology Class at Lake Ballinger High School between 9 and 10 AM......

Jordan, we are all very happy you finally shot your handicap on a real golf course.  No need to brag...

Jordan Wall

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 05:25:34 PM »

Call the Biology Class at Lake Ballinger High School between 9 and 10 AM......

Jordan, we are all very happy you finally shot your handicap on a real golf course.  No need to brag...

Sean,

Thanks.  Thats appreciated.  When are we going to get to play a match?  I believe its been a while..

Cheers,
Jordan

igrowgrass

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 08:18:01 PM »
Maybe we should have a March outing of NW GCA members?

Pat Howard

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 08:43:19 PM »
Count me in...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back