News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

paul cowley

Patrick Mucci.
« on: December 03, 2007, 10:49:22 PM »
Sometimes serious counts.....I like Patrick Mucci...seriously. :)
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

Joe Hancock

Re:Patrick Mucci.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 10:51:19 PM »
You can't be serious....no, really, you can't.....

" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Joe Hancock

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 10:52:29 PM »
You'll have to wait until morning for Pat to see this. Lights out at The Home is 10 pm......
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

TEPaul

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 11:01:56 PM »
This was a first for fast-postin' Tom Paul.

PaulC put a post on here that he likes Pat Mucci too (as well as Joe Hancock).

So, I come on GOLFCLUBATLAS.com and noticed the PaulC likes PatM thread is 0 for 57.

I posted basically the following remarks, hit send and the whole thing was gone. That was a first for the fast postin' Tom Paul.

So I called PaulC and he said he would put it back on the board!

Now, you all know I rag on Mucci and Pat Mucci rags on me but I like Pat despite the fact he's an incorigible dunce, so I had to at least put a post on here saying I love him too despite the fact he's and corrible dunce.

(no it's no mistake I left out the "in")  ;)

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 11:21:46 PM »
Captain of the Debate Team, Notre Dame University, whatever year he graduated.

TEPaul

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 11:43:02 PM »
Hey, Tommy, generally in meetings with the people I know and love, I generally ask them at the beginning:

"Are you in a bad mood today, for any reason?"

Lloyd_Cole

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 11:57:11 PM »
From Wikipedia

'In journalism, Green Ink is (humorously) supposedly the major identifying characteristic of written correspondence from self-aggrandising pedants, cranks, charlatans and eccentrics.
Although no psychiatric equivalence with the preceding terms should be inferred, it is also used to refer to unusable correspondence originating with readers who are mentally ill.
Regardless of the colour of ink used, it is common to refer to correspondence of any kind (including email and webpages) as being in "green ink", so long as it broadly fits the following identifying characteristics:
Stridency
Impertinence
Unreasonableness
Unrealism
Fancifulness
Obsessiveness
Common comorbid characteristics include IRRELEVANT CAPITALISATION, overuse of exclamation marks!!!!!!!! and veiled threats or warnings directed at the recipient.
Religious mania is a frequent characteristic of green ink communication.
Writers and correspondents who fit this general profile are referred to as Green Inkers or as members of the Green Ink Brigade (GIB).'

Nonetheless, I too feel La Mucci is a great ass(et) to this site. I sincerely hope I get to tee it up with him before we're done. Long may he post.

Dean Paolucci

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 12:38:49 AM »
Sometimes serious counts.....I like Patrick Mucci...seriously. :)

Ney sayers and pseudo-intellectuals can carefully read this thread or just pass it by.  

Seriously, Pat is a treasure for those of us who are fortunate to know him.  

A treasured intellect, a treasured student of the game, a treasured devotee of architecture, and above all a loyal treasured friend.  

A brilliant player, spectacular sense of humor, incredibly generous and hands down the best course manager I have ever seen bar none!

We are fortunate to have him contribute.
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."  --  Mark Twain

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 12:52:21 AM »

That explains everything!!!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 01:13:40 AM »
From Wikipedia

'In journalism, Green Ink is (humorously) supposedly the major identifying characteristic of written correspondence from self-aggrandising pedants, cranks, charlatans and eccentrics.
Although no psychiatric equivalence with the preceding terms should be inferred, it is also used to refer to unusable correspondence originating with readers who are mentally ill.
Regardless of the colour of ink used, it is common to refer to correspondence of any kind (including email and webpages) as being in "green ink", so long as it broadly fits the following identifying characteristics:
Stridency
Impertinence
Unreasonableness
Unrealism
Fancifulness
Obsessiveness
Common comorbid characteristics include IRRELEVANT CAPITALISATION, overuse of exclamation marks!!!!!!!! and veiled threats or warnings directed at the recipient.
Religious mania is a frequent characteristic of green ink communication.
Writers and correspondents who fit this general profile are referred to as Green Inkers or as members of the Green Ink Brigade (GIB).'

Nonetheless, I too feel La Mucci is a great ass(et) to this site. I sincerely hope I get to tee it up with him before we're done. Long may he post.

Instant classic.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 01:14:06 AM by Kyle Henderson »
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

RJ_Daley

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 01:16:43 AM »
If Pat Mucci would have been the Pope's chief interrogator, Galileo would have admitted the earth was infact flat, and gave up Tom Paul was a MaxBehrzian heretic! ;) ::) 8)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 01:17:33 AM by RJ_Daley »
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 01:25:54 AM »
Dick,
Some of these are so good, I can't help but to NOT delete them before I go to bed!

Mex Behrzian? Sounds like the time Charleton Heston played a Mexican in, A Touch of Evil.....

RJ_Daley

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 01:28:46 AM »
Only the great Tuco can deliver those lines... steenking MaxBehrzian gringo talk...
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 01:29:49 AM »
Tom Paul's Charlie to my Orson:

Tell me Senor, have you seen my goolf bool?
No, Amigo, have you seen my cheeseburger?

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 06:19:24 PM »

You think someone else was captain his first three years there?
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

David Stamm

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 06:21:29 PM »
One of the posters I most look forward to reading and really hope to meet one day. Gotta see if the attitude is the same in real life! ;)
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Dean Paolucci

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 06:45:43 PM »

I believe it is The University of Notre Dame!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 09:27:22 PM by Dean Paolucci »
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."  --  Mark Twain

Tyler Kearns

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 07:02:22 PM »

That explains everything!!!

What he said.

TEPaul

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 11:06:39 PM »
"Seriously, Pat is a treasure for those of us who are fortunate to know him.  

A treasured intellect, a treasured student of the game, a treasured devotee of architecture, and above all a loyal treasured friend.  

A brilliant player, spectacular sense of humor, incredibly generous and hands down the best course manager I have ever seen bar none!

We are fortunate to have him contribute."

Dean:

I'll buy most of that except for the 'treasured intellect' part.

The Man talks so damned much I guess just through the basic Law of Probability he's bound to get something right about 2% of the time.  ;)

Oh yeah, and you left out the fact that he could be one of the best in the world at the highly effective totally improbable pick-up line. On the other hand, I've never actually asked him how many times some good-looking chick has tried to deck him!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 11:13:20 PM by TEPaul »

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2007, 09:46:45 PM »
"Seriously, Pat is a treasure for those of us who are fortunate to know him.  

We are fortunate to have him contribute."

Dean,

Thanks for the kind words, the check is in the mail.
[/color]

Dean:

I'll buy most of that except for the 'treasured intellect' part.

The Man talks so damned much I guess just through the basic Law of Probability he's bound to get something right about 2% of the time.  ;)

Oh yeah, and you left out the fact that he could be one of the best in the world at the highly effective totally improbable pick-up line.

What's wrong with that ?
Some guys trade on their looks.  I'll never be accused of that.
So I resort to other means.
[/color]

On the other hand, I've never actually asked him how many times some good-looking chick has tried to deck him!

Fortunately, never.

About 15 years ago I did get a frosty reception when I approached a young lady and asked her out to dinner.  She said, " I don't date anyone over 30"  I said, "That's great, now we have something in common to talk about."
[/color]

TEPaul

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2007, 09:55:00 PM »
Well, you've got me there, pal. I'm about the worst "pickup line" guy in the world. And if I run into one of those smooth pattering southern girls or worse yet a group of them my audio seems to go into involuntary automatic lockdown!

John Kirk

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2007, 01:16:54 AM »
"A treasured intellect, a treasured student of the game, a treasured"

You mean like buried treasure?

I played golf with Patrick a couple of years ago.  He whipped my ass while simultaneously killing me with kindness.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 01:18:21 AM by John Kirk »

TEPaul

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2007, 01:30:30 AM »
JohnK:

Interesting you say that.

You know Pat and I rag on each other all the time and if I could I wouldn't give the guy an inch, not back then, not now, not ever.

And the both of us could play a little in our time but I've seen him play and I suspect, back then or now or at any time I'd have a hard time taking him in golf. But that's the fun of it all---you just never know until you tee it up together!

The real reason I don't think I could take Pat is because he  plays my kind of game and in all my competitive years I didn't run into people like that often.

What I was best at was out-thinking and out-waiting competitors and opponents.

OH MY GOD, did I just compliment Patrick Mucci??

The shock of it all!!!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 01:35:34 AM by TEPaul »

Garland Bayley

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2007, 01:46:34 AM »
Tom,

You neglected to mention that the reason Pat can out wait competitors is that he is just not very fast with his walker.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Dean Paolucci

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2007, 09:01:16 AM »

Dean,

Thanks for the kind words, the check is in the mail.

Pat - The kind words are genuine but, if you are refering to the incredibly generous comment I prefer PayPal! 8)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back