News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Paul_Turner

Re:Ranking GCA's
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 04:38:14 PM »
John K:

Bumping up Bandon Trails to a 9 on the Doak scale, when I say it's an 8, is b.s.  (And so is Paul Turner's decision to call Pasatiempo semi-private.)  MacKenzie eviscerated the field using Matthew's system.  

The system does need tweaking -- at the very least, you should have to use different courses for each of his categories, as I tried to suggest earlier by asking that question.

Nope, not BS

Pasatiempo calls Pasatiempo semi-private.

www.pasatiempo.com

If "Public" doesn't mean a true non-members course then what's the difference between categories: "Public" and "Best club course (can allow visitors)".

Plus I think Matthew was looking for low budget, cheap, public courses from famous architects which Pasa obviously isn't.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 06:45:42 PM by Paul_Turner »
can't get to heaven with a three chord song

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 04:46:40 PM »
Tom, now that Golf Club Atlas is using the Doak scale as its universal measurement your opinion does not matter anymore!!!!

John Kirk

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 05:17:03 PM »
John K:

Bumping up Bandon Trails to a 9 on the Doak scale, when I say it's an 8, is b.s.  (And so is Paul Turner's decision to call Pasatiempo semi-private.)  MacKenzie eviscerated the field using Matthew's system.  

The system does need tweaking -- at the very least, you should have to use different courses for each of his categories, as I tried to suggest earlier by asking that question.

Let's not beat this to death, but I do not see where you say Bandon Trails is an 8.  Perhaps I should assume that no offered adjustment to my best guesses in post #17 implies I got it right the first time.  All I'm really trying to accomplish is establishing a C&C number.

I suppose I'm willing to accept that you're the best GCAer at assigning Doak ratings.  You're in your prime.

After thinking about it a bit more, this ranking system is not half bad.  A $50 and under course category?

I thought about renaming myself Wayne Morrison for a couple days, and calculating a William Flynn ranking.  Total score: 91.

Paul_Turner

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2007, 05:52:46 PM »
John

i.e 10 out 10 for everything except 1 point for the last category.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 05:54:18 PM by Paul_Turner »
can't get to heaven with a three chord song

John Kirk

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2007, 06:51:26 PM »
Yep

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back