News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jay Carstens

Indoor Putting Surfaces?
« on: October 09, 2007, 03:54:57 PM »
I'm going to be doing some work on my basement soon and was thinking about including a small, indoor putting area.  I'm certain I can use the practice,  ::), as well as my high school boy's team.  Anybody had luck in this area?  I'm thinking about both the hole, and also the putting surface itself.  It'd be great to find something rolling around 11.  Thanks for any suggestions or related ideas.  
Play the course as you find it

Andrew Summerell

Re:Indoor Putting Surfaces?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 11:02:23 PM »
I have a nylon artificial turf indoor green 15 foot X 6 foot, that I bought from thegolfsale.com. Being that I live in Australia, I had to get it shipped over, but I found them great to deal with.

You can get them with normal cup or hole-less cups. I have the later and have found it works very well.

I’m not sure what speed it stimps at, but my home course (Newcastle GC) has very fast greens & although my indoor green is not quite as fast as Newcastle GC, it is close enough & as fast as most courses.

mike_beene

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 11:35:36 PM »
When we built this house 10 years ago my builder put a carpeted green upstairs that rolls like fast tournament speeds.I have a few holes,and longest putt about 10 feet.I also chip and even put a mat up there to hit full shots with foam balls.Well worth doing.I rarely miss going up there for at least 20 minutes.

Ray Richard

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 11:04:12 AM »
Check out the modular putting greens manufactured by STI Sports Turf International out of Jupiter Florida. You design the size and shape-they build an interlocking contoured platform (which allows space for the cup) and put a artificial putting green surface on top-the surface can be made to roll 10-12 on the stimp.

or, you can get some of the STI fabric and lay it down yourself on your cellar floor.

Jay Carstens

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 08:57:14 PM »
Thanks for the ideas guys.  This whole thing might seem a little goofy but then again, I guess if the shoe fits.  I'll have you all to thank later if they start dropping too.  
Play the course as you find it

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back