News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan_Lucas

Re:9 Workers, 5 Maintence Carts
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2007, 09:34:20 AM »
Forrest

DeVries built that style here at Kingsley. Because we have pockets of different materials through our soils we lined them with fabric. They have been, by far, the easiest bunkers to maintain that I have ever seen.

Mike made sure that the drainage ran AROUND them. We have had some tremendous rain events (not this year :() with no washouts. We track rake them every day, do a complete rake job once or twice a month and never have to edge them.

It can't get any better.

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2007, 09:44:06 AM »
A very similar technic was used by Jeff Bradley at Friar's Head also. I can remember him telling me many times to get a John Deer 310, go in the field left of #13, and bring back a chunk with bluestem in it!

Tony Nysse
Sr. Asst. Supt.
Long Cove Club
HHI, SC
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Craig Sweet

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2007, 01:16:45 PM »
We used "chunking" for streambank restoration work back in my wetlands restoration/stream building/pond building days...it works so well I'm surprised more people don't use it...

We recently edged bunkers and for whatever reason our super waits until now to do the work and we do it by hand with sod shovels and bare hands....9 workers and 5 maintence carts seems about right.. ;D
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back