News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Colton

Rich Harvest Links
« on: August 20, 2007, 01:13:13 PM »
I'm playing in a tournament at Rich Harvest Links in September and have a practice round scheduled for tomorrow (8/21).  I've read the reviews of this course on this forum...I'm simply looking to get some more information about this course.  Other than a bunch of trees, I don't really know what to expect.  I had been looking forward to playing this course for a long time, but looking at the hole-by-holes on their website, the course looks downright wacky.  Feel free to IM me with any specific scoring tips you have for this course as well.  Thanks!

K. Krahenbuhl

Re:Rich Harvest Links
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 01:45:04 PM »
It can play very long and very difficult.  It will be interesting to see how they set up the course for the mid am qualifier vs the NCAA regional.

Matt_Ward

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 02:51:23 PM »
To Shivas, et all from the Chicago area.

Do you rate Harvest Links among the ten best in the immediate Chicago area? I would say no for me but my breath and experience with area courses is not as complete or continuous as others.

What say ye ?

p.s. I still have an issue with the tree inclusion on a few of the holes.

Trey Kemp

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 05:14:33 PM »
To me it is the hardest course in the Chicago area from the back tees.  The course is kept in great shape, but there are alot of different sytles going on out there.  Wait until your tee shot from the artificial tee.  Its impossible.  Overall, its a nice place to play because there is nobody out there and they keep it in great shape!
twitter.com/TreyKempGCA

K. Krahenbuhl

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 05:16:34 PM »
To me it is the hardest course in the Chicago area from the back tees.  The course is kept in great shape, but there are alot of different sytles going on out there.  Wait until your tee shot from the artificial tee.  Its impossible.  Overall, its a nice place to play because there is nobody out there and they keep it in great shape!

My last tee shot from that box hit the overhanging branch and sailed 60 yards over my head into the heavy woods.  I think I ended up with a 9 on the hole by the time I was finished.

C. Squier

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 11:34:10 PM »
I've seen worse courses with driving range mats as tee boxes.  

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back