News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Stamm

The Redan in California
« on: June 26, 2007, 07:21:56 PM »
This might be stupid question, but does anybody know what Redan that is in Hunter's book? It says a Redan in California, but doesn't say exactly where it is. Is this the 11th at LACC? BTW, he doesn't pull punches with his assesment of the hole.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Jon Spaulding

Re:The Redan in California
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 09:50:05 PM »
I would guess La Cumbre; page 156 for those listening.
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

David Stamm

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 10:48:37 PM »
I would guess La Cumbre; page 156 for those listening.

That could be Jon. I just guessed LACC because of his reference to it being too long (100yds).
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

David Stamm

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 06:12:37 PM »
Bump. Any ideas?

Bill_McBride

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 06:39:30 PM »
I don't have the book handy but if it's LaCumbre, it's got to be #13, but that's not much of a Redan these days, if indeed it ever was.

There is a little bit of slope right to left, but it's completely blocked by a bunker on that side of the green, so the only play into the green is a high shot from 180-210 yards over water.

You can lay up to the right, but then there's a tricky pitch over that bunker.

Maybe there's a picture of a bunkerless hole in the book, but it still wouldn't resemble any kind of a Redan anywhere else in the world......

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back