News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Robert Mercer Deruntz

Setting up Australian golf
« on: May 11, 2007, 09:43:44 AM »
I have a friend who is going down in a couple of weeks and wants to play as many great courses as possible.  Several years ago, I was able to get on because of professional courtesy.  How can he go about setting up his golf?  He does belong to a GCA favorite club, but as a recent college grad (this coming week), he does not have hosting capability.  In addition, he does possess a very low single digit handicap.  Thank you.

Jason Topp

Re:Setting up Australian golf
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 10:33:30 AM »
He should just call the clubs up.  He will need a letter of introduction from his club and should bring his wallet.  The club websites give a lot of information.

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 04:02:12 PM »
I have a friend who is going down in a couple of weeks and wants to play as many great courses as possible.  Several years ago, I was able to get on because of professional courtesy.  How can he go about setting up his golf?  He does belong to a GCA favorite club, but as a recent college grad (this coming week), he does not have hosting capability.  In addition, he does possess a very low single digit handicap.  Thank you.

have your friend email me at quasssi@aol.com and I will put him in touch with the travel agency who set up my trip to play all the great courses
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 05:05:02 PM »
He might write an email to the club secretary explaining his background, why he'd like to play the course, his travel arrangements and so forth.  He might also include a request to play with a member if possible; his handicap should be a plus in that department.  Some will be harder to get on than others.

For Melbourne, a good site with links to Sandbelt courses' websites is:
www.thesandbelt.com

Mark

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 06:06:53 PM »
Is he good enough to enter any comps?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back