News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Nick Pozaric

Golf Course Websites
« on: April 11, 2007, 05:56:59 PM »
Do you feel  clubs benefit from having websites available for their members or guests?  What are some websites from clubs you like or dislike?  What should be included on them?

Doug Ralston

Re:Golf Course Websites
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 06:38:10 PM »
'I' benefit from a good website for a golf club, public or private. The publics allow me to have info toward play, the privates just give me interesting info.

Location, registration, scorecard, course rating info, fees, and pix are essential. Any other info offered is appreciated.

I love course websites, individual, or sites which allow info on an array of clubs.

Sadly, the very best golf course website, golfcourse.com , has been destroyed! I wish i could meet whomever did that in an alley alone. I'd show them something Tony Soprano taught me  ;)

Doug

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 06:53:53 PM »
I think the best golf course websites have a photo gallery that really lets you see what the course is like.

Generally when they don't, or just have a couple of pictures, or ones of the clubhouse only, I think that send the message that they have nothing special is architecture to offer.

I do not like it when they have the typical yardage type color pictures, I can't tell much from those and pretty much don't open them.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 06:58:42 PM »
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Seth Berliner

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 07:04:05 PM »
The biggest benefit of having a club website for my members is that they can log on and book their tee times.  They can see ALL available times rather than just getting a small sampling of what is available over the phone.

No more of these conversations:

Member:  What do you have around 9?

Me:  I have a 9:10 that's available.

Member:  Nothing closer to 9?

wsmorrison

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 01:40:11 PM »
Bill,

Your typing is atrocious.  Your club's website is:

www.lehighcc.com

On the other hand, you did spell gap correctly  ;)

You're right, those photos on your website are bad.  Get some new ones in there soon.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 01:42:47 PM by Wayne Morrison »

Seth Berliner

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 03:21:22 PM »
Careful Seth, we know where you practice your trade.

Most of the GAP clubs have very useful websites and I believe that it is because  of the GAP matches and the linking of all member clubs to the main website. These all give directions on the main site and links to the clubs, ghin.org, usga, PGA (Penn), etc.

www.gapgolf.org

We need a better hole by hole at www.lehighcc.com  though.

Bill,

My post was not meant to be a complaint or gripe in any way.  If it was construed that way than I apologize. The tee times on the website allow my members to see the FULL tee sheet, not just a snippit of what I can give them over the phone.  Truly, this puts them at an added advantage.

Example:  They may want to play early but when they see all of the available times they may decide that an afternoon round with no one around them is more enjoyable than trailing 6,7,8 foursomes.  

Hopefully that helped clear the air.

Seth

Joe Hancock

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 03:30:08 PM »
Unfortunately, Seth's example dialog is not uncommon.

Too bad he gets called out for the peculiarities of golfers calling in for a tee times.

::)
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 04:16:22 PM »
Seth,
You had me laughing out loud last night.
and again today....

Cheers
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back