News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JESII

No new trees...leading score after three rounds?
« on: April 07, 2007, 08:33:43 PM »
How many strokes have the recent tree additions added to the leaders scores thus far?

Bill Gayne

Re:No new trees...leading score after three rounds?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 08:39:47 PM »
I don't know. Tiger and Appleby have hit 22 of 42 fairways each. The number is between zero and twenty. So if each miss is a half stroke I'll ventutre five.

Paul Carey

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 08:44:20 PM »
About 6 under which is about right for these guys.  The back nine is boring compared to most years.  Let's call this the "chip out" Masters.  I have never seen so may chip outs in my 35 years of watching the Masters.

Paul

JNC Lyon

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 08:51:30 PM »
Chip outs? Where? Tiger's second at 17 was very exciting to see if he could hit a high slice off the hardpan around/over the trees.  Sure, I'd rather see fewer trees, especially on 15 and 17, but there definitely has been excitement.  I will say that 15 and 17 are actually very average holes except for the greens.  17 in particular looks like a muny hole with those awful greenside bunkers and nasty pine trees.  Pretty fun tournament to watch, though.
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

JESII

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 08:53:08 PM »
fyi...#'s 7, 11 and 17 have a cummulative historical average of .6 strokes over par per round (all three combined)...that means 1.8 strokes over par thru three rounds.    This year they are just over 1 stroke over par per round cumulatively,,,that means 3 strokes over per three rounds...that means 1.2 strokes more difficult in total thru three rounds versus the lifetime averages.

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 10:36:11 PM »
JNC, what was fun about it?

Bill Gayne

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 08:23:54 AM »
I don't think you can look at previous years in guessing an impact because the wind and cold is so different. The normal wind is not 20+ MPH out of the Northwest.

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 09:46:36 AM »
Who cares? A better question would be how many risk / reward decisions and options have been eliminated...

Mike Hendren

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 09:49:59 AM »
Yeah boy.  Those trees on 18 really hampered Tiger's pityful 2nd shot Saturday!

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back