News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Stamm

Re:Naccarato, Shack, Klein grudge match
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2007, 02:34:09 PM »
This should be a match for the ages....The last time I was at AHGC, Aaron Spelling nearly ran me down. Unfortunately, he is now gone, but maybe Tori can be "Sign Girl" for the match!!

Tori has had plenty of practice with signs...given that she spent most of the winter posting them on telephone poles for her garage sale since papa didn't leave her much.

Ouch!
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Gib_Papazian

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2007, 02:48:55 PM »
If you were real men, you'd square off at Arroyo Seco.

Brad has a shot here as the "bloop cut" plays pretty well on pitch-shot par-3's.

However, having played The Emperor, it is necessary to make every single put inside eight feet to have a chance.

Don't give him any strokes! He was two under par after four holes the last match we played.

An event of this magnitude - with men of such gravitas - befits the pen of Darwin or Herb Wind . . . . .

Steve Lapper

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2007, 02:54:50 PM »
I spoke to Tommy a few days ago and he sounded focused, ferocious, and fiery.  Of course, he was yelling about the Merion thread(s), so that might explain it.  ;)

Still, if Steve L. is booking the action here, what are the current odds on the Big Man?   If they are better than 3 to 1, put me down for a fin.  ;D

Mike,

I'll make my betting line good for you and lay your "fin" v. my "quarter!" Of course, all bets must be settled in person on a golf course of the payee's choosing.....that could be interesting. I'll take the "Field" v. Emperor" but will want confirmation from Klein (in a book form only)." Your'e ON!!
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Gib_Papazian

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2007, 03:03:12 PM »
I've got $10 on the Emperor. Might as well spend some of the Rose Bowl money I won . . . .  ;)

Steve Lapper

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2007, 03:09:27 PM »
I've got $10 on the Emperor. Might as well spend some of the Rose Bowl money I won . . . .  ;)

Ahhhhh now the "smart" West Coast $$$ is starting to do the talking.....I'll take your 5-25 action, but after that, the line will reset...later this evening,when I have a chance to peruse the historic scoring avgs and the injury report..... ;)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 03:10:51 PM by Steve Lapper »
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

dsilk

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2007, 03:39:54 PM »
this is too good...
2 questions:
will there be a test for banned substances?
will conditioning be a factor in the latter stages of the match?

back to you Rossi...

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2007, 03:47:08 PM »
I spoke to Tommy a few days ago and he sounded focused, ferocious, and fiery.  Of course, he was yelling about the Merion thread(s), so that might explain it.  ;)

Still, if Steve L. is booking the action here, what are the current odds on the Big Man?   If they are better than 3 to 1, put me down for a fin.  ;D

Mike,

I'll make my betting line good for you and lay your "fin" v. my "quarter!" Of course, all bets must be settled in person on a golf course of the payee's choosing.....that could be interesting. I'll take the "Field" v. Emperor" but will want confirmation from Klein (in a book form only)." Your'e ON!!

Steve,

I'll look forward to getting together to settle up!  ;D

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2007, 03:55:31 PM »
Silky,
Mental, Physical or Spirtual Conditioning?

If all of them....I'm still shaking from some recent threats by a member of this discussion group, that I be replaced for structural changes, that I might not be able to come through. Especially after Notre Dame's performance last night....

Pitting the Armenian against me was a sin. I'll never forgive Huckaby for that. It just wasn't right. I hung in there--emotionally--for 16 holes, at 17 & 18 he flew by me like a shot in the dark...leaving me stirred and shaken.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2007, 04:01:23 PM »
Pitting the Armenian against me was a sin. I'll never forgive Huckaby for that. It just wasn't right. I hung in there--emotionally--for 16 holes, at 17 & 18 he flew by me like a shot in the dark...leaving me stirred and shaken.

Now Tommy, you keep bringing this up, and I'm still not sure why... as I said in the other thread where you mentioned this:

...if you are still holding grudges about a match from five years ago, well... remember two things:

a) the scoring that year was based on holes won (Goodale's idea), so you were a HERO for your team for coming as close as you did (you only lost 1 down or something, thus actually gained 4 points for your team which based on handicaps would have expected a 5 down rout); and

b) you two REQUESTED that pairing.  I didn't make it up.  You both thought it would be fun.  And since fun was always the thought behind each pairing, of course I went along with it.  The relative competitive imbalance was then balanced against another pairing, where the North had a higher handicapper.

I remain curious why you hold this against me.  

But if any of this helps in the battle against the writers, than I am right with you brother!  Go get 'em!

TH

ps - I also want credit for no mention of certain games that took place recently.  Kicking people when they're down is not my style.   ;)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2007, 04:07:54 PM »
I also want credit for no mention of certain games that took place recently.  Kicking people when they're down is not my style.   ;)

Since when?

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2007, 04:09:29 PM »
Bill - well, at times they've deserved it.

;D

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2007, 04:20:12 PM »
A Defensive and a Sensitive Tom Huckaby. Who would have ever thought of that!?!?!

Tom, for what it's worth, I think Gib made the request, not me. I took the challenge and almost had him. I stayed with him hole for hole, but this was a match that had been played before, a month or two before on the same course where I was like two under for four holes on #15 and hit one of the furthest drives I've ever hit to this day with Gib's Ping driver and a fairly new to the market Pro V1, which I had never hit before.

My putt on #16 for birdie in front of Pete Galea was gutsy and it made a statement that was quickly faltered on #17.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2007, 04:35:20 PM »
That sounds more correct.  You were a good man to accept the challenge in any case, and your heroics that day just add to the legend.

;D

The defensive and senstive me is really gonna come out if you blow this match, btw.  The world is rooting for you!

;D ;D

Tim Leahy

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2007, 04:37:42 PM »
Dr's.
When Geoff comes out to play, it's for a reason..... I can hardly wait for the cartoon! I suspect it will be similar to Wiley E. Coyote, "Oh drats foiled again...."

Make sure to let Geoff know he is upholding the honor of the Pepperdine Golf Team alumni, Jason Gore not withstanding! I would suggest Canter's for some Matzo Ball soup afterwards.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Geoff_Shackelford

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2007, 04:40:03 PM »
Funny, but I see no mention from Mr. Naccarato about the 1/2 shot per hole that he receives as an added incentive? Did I miss something?

I do have one Holmby secret that will only be revealed should I be victorious. But let's put it this way, the ball used will come as a shock to the Darrell Survey folks who I'm sure will be inside the ropes on that vaunted AHGC first tee.

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2007, 05:00:25 PM »
1/2 shot per hole WITH HICKORY CLUBS......

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2007, 05:01:33 PM »
And that I will be playing with my normal clubs for this match....

It's on...

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2007, 06:13:29 PM »
In its online edition, The Scotsman is reporting that Tommy is planning on debuting the Slazenger Golf Thong for the event.

Can we get  ruling?

"Roger, what can you see from where you are?"
"Oh Johnny, this doesn't look good at all."

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2007, 06:20:18 PM »
I hope it's not like the one Borat wears....

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2007, 06:25:23 PM »
Smaller than that from what I saw and the divot repair tool holder appears to be in a very awkward place.

Anthony

Allan Long

« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2007, 06:42:24 PM »
[I do have one Holmby secret that will only be revealed should I be victorious. But let's put it this way, the ball used will come as a shock to the Darrell Survey folks who I'm sure will be inside the ropes on that vaunted AHGC first tee.]

I knew it......you will be breaking out the old Walgreens drugstore ball that got Johnny Bulla into such trouble.
I don't know how I would ever have been able to look into the past with any degree of pleasure or enjoy the present with any degree of contentment if it had not been for the extraordinary influence the game of golf has had upon my welfare.
--C.B. Macdonald

David Stamm

« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2007, 06:53:33 PM »
Allan, I'm thinking "Rock" Flites! ;D

Geoff can tell us how those feel coming off the face of his cleek in the early morning hours! ;) ;D
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Brian Noser

« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2007, 10:53:07 AM »
Tommy, if you think you need any help you just let me know I am undefeted there at the AH... Dont take Simpers word he is the one who has never beaten me.. The putter is the play on 17..... ;)

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2007, 11:21:24 AM »
Brian,
After having nothing but the worse happen to me on "The Eden" (#17 @ Armand Hammer/Tori Pines/Holmby Park, I appreciate the tip. I usually suck at this hole and I consider it one of the toughest on the famed old course.....

Brad Klein

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2007, 11:54:30 AM »
Heading off to the course soon -- debating whether to shave or to go rough-hewn into the ring. It's freezing out here, 30 mph wind. I thought this was LA, feels more like Bismarck N.D. At least I'll have an advantage, esp. with Tommy in his thong.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back