News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

gookin

Fox Chapel hires new Superintendent
« on: December 20, 2006, 10:13:46 PM »
Sorry for not spending much time recently on GCA. However, for those who have been following our progress over the past several years, we have recently hired Jason Hurwitz. Jason is a young and talented professional who has been well trained in firm and fast by John Zimmers.  Jason passed up a chance to work the Open to lead the development of a first class turf management program at our club. We have just started what will be a rebuilding program, but have already come a long way in just two months. Really exciting stuff for those of us who want to make the ground game a real option and highlight to wounderful Raynor features that adorn our property.

ANTHONYPIOPPI

Re:Fox Chapel hires new Superintendent
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 10:21:48 PM »
David,

A wonderful choice. I had a chance to speak at length with Jason during the Seth Raynor outing at Fox Chapel this year and was very impressed. I can't wait to see what he does.

Regards,

Anthony

DTaylor18

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 10:54:44 PM »
That is great news!  Jason is a wonderful guy who is very passionate about his golf courses.  A great addition to Fox Chapel.

TEPaul

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 11:45:30 PM »
David:

Good to see you back on here again. Don't be such a stranger. I heard about that a while ago and it's great. Some of us knew you guys were looking a while ago and as I'm sure you can imagine some of us have some favorite candidates we're trying to push at some of the great openings like Fox Chapel. Maybe I put too much of a press on Don about that and if so I'm sorry. From all I've heard Jason is great but we feel like if it hadn't been him we kinda had you guys covered every which way to Sunday and they were all firm and fasters of the first order.

Good luck, and as Kawasaki says; "Let the good times ROLL!"

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 12:57:38 AM »
Congratulations to all. I had a chance to work under Jason last summer and I'm sure he will be a great addition.

wsmorrison

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 08:20:36 AM »
Congratulations to you and your outstanding club, David.  Best of luck to Jason and his staff.  The return of firm and fast will take some time and a few will grumble.  The long term benefits will outweigh the shorter term issues you are sure to deal with.  Hang in there and the course will really shine.  Your course has a lot of admirers and we all wish you the best in realizing the full potential that the ideal maintenance meld will provide.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Mark Studer

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 10:19:26 AM »
Congratulations on a great choice David. You did your homework!  Jason is obviously thrilled to be leading your turf team.  It has taken John Zimmers, his staff, and the Oakmont budget 7 years to get the approaches and putting greens as firm as they are today.  You have made a fantastic hiring decision and your members should be pleased to have you and Jason teamed up. Good Luck and Merry Christmas.  
The First Tee:Golf Lessons/Life Lessons

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back