News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Young

Re:Steve Curry needs your help
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2006, 08:14:32 PM »
Steve,
Prayers are with you.....best of luck in your recovery and Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Mike Y
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2006, 09:05:00 PM »
Steve is one of those rare people who is impossible to meet in person and not feel an immediate affinity for.   His sincerity, modesty, eagerness for knowledge, and sharp sense of humor are simply the most obvious traits of a guy with considerable underlying courage, perserverence, and intelligence.

Steve, you're in all of our thoughts and prayers this holiday season.   God bless you, big guy.    

SPDB

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2006, 09:06:48 PM »
Steve:

My prayers are with you for a speedy and healthy recovery. I have requested for prayers and that a mass be said for you by the Benedictine monks at Portsmouth Abbey in Rhode Island (and for the architecture tie-in: the monastery owns the land on which sits Carnegie Abbey).

Brad Klein:

If you would, please keep us updated on Steve's progress.

With the hope that this thread grows with well wishes to the length of the recent Merion thread,

Sean
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 10:57:28 PM by SPDB »

Glen Rapoport

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2006, 10:54:10 PM »
Steve,

heartfelt prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.  

Glen

T_MacWood

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2006, 11:26:25 PM »
I don't know Steve well but from the couple of times I spoke to him on the phone and the few e-mails we exchnaged I was very impressed with his love for the game and his love for golf architecture, especially golden age golf architecture. Please get well soon.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2006, 11:53:08 PM »
Steve, I have always enjoyed your excellent posts and information on all things turf and GCA related.  Though we haven't met, I am looking forward to visiting your turf facility and the golf course in the future to see first hand what a great job you do.  Get well soon.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

George Pazin

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2006, 12:17:43 PM »
I registered for the carepages thing and this was the most recent two updates:

8  December 18, 2006 at 09:14 AM EST

It is a GOOD Morning! Currently Steve is in rm #359 phone#413-447-3260. He will chill here for a few days before he continues recovereing in Litchfield by FRIDAY ! What a great Christmass present: the whole family can be together. Sarah wanted to post a message herself and I was going to combine it with this message but this news is too good to keep ! We should have another update today from Sarah, she is really getting into helping post mesages and read messages and is touched when she recognizes a name. Now that the whirlwind of the last few days has slowed and adrenalin levels have dropped we can all use some emotional supports so please keep the messages, calls, cards etc coming. thanks mm

7  December 17, 2006 at 05:29 PM EST

Before ya pen that room number down we may have an other. Steve is being moved to an unrestricted room tonight or tom. Way to go Steve. If ya call and get "Joe's Bar and Grill" you'll know your talking to the big guy himself. Steve had an uplifting visit from his 'angel' Woody today which was just what he needed after a blue morning. Thanks for all the messages, thoughts and espically Jokes. Sharon is getting all of them to Steve and he loves it. Sheridan went to see her dad and we will try and get a picture of her "elevator face" for you all to enjoy. Somtimes I take her to the wrong floor on purpose so I can see it again :) Dont tell Sharon. Spencer is going to pay a visit Tuesday after a big test and game. Sarah is bummed out she had a cold and has to wait till Wed. to see her Dad's "rad" scar. I have added Steve and Sharon's home info for those of you who would like it. Please dont hesitate to leave a voice mail if nobody happens to be there. Thats all for now !

Sounds like things are looking up.

P.S. If anyone thinks it's inappropriate that I posted this, please IM me and I will take it down.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Dave_Miller

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2006, 12:26:19 PM »
Steve Curry, superintendent at Berkshire Hills CC in Pittsfield, Mass., a regular poster on GCA, is going through some serious medical issues right now. He just went through a long surgery Friday at Berkshire Medical Center in Pittsfield, Mass. to remove a brain tumor. Details and prognosis to follow, but he came out of the surgery okay and is now recovering. He and his family need your prayers right now, and they might also need your help.

There's no more devoted student of Tillinghast, no better family man, nor friend to his fellow superintendents than Curry.

Steve:
From a fellow New Englander you and you're family are my thoughts and prayers.  Keep fighting and don;t ever give up.  Your friends will be there for you through all of this.
My 8 year old nephew was diagnosed with the same condition last March and he is fighting and progressing nicely.  
Keep your spiritis up.
May God Bless you and your family.
Merry Christmas to the Curry Family.
Dave

Paul Perrella

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2006, 12:50:35 PM »
Steve,

The boys at BH have kept me updated about what is going on with you and like everyone else I will be praying for a speedy recovery.

Paul

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »
Just chatted with Steve and he is doing well and is scheduled to be going home tomorrow.

Anthony

Dave_Miller

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2006, 01:53:47 PM »
Just chatted with Steve and he is doing well and is scheduled to be going home tomorrow.

Anthony

Anthony:

That's great news.

Best
Dave  

Brad Tufts

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2006, 02:32:57 PM »
From a fellow Bay-stater, get well soon Steve!!

Best (and holiday) wishes to you and your family.  

I hope to meet you someday.  :)

-Brad
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Ed_Baker

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2006, 02:34:47 PM »
Steve,

You are in our thoughts and prayers, God Bless and Merry Christmas.

Ed

Brad Klein

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2006, 08:15:59 PM »
A Web-based golf architecture-related fund raiser is being arranged for Steve Curry. If folks will just be patient enough to wait for details they will be forthcoming very shortly. Donations can be made through the fund when it is established and publicized. Thanks for your prayers and concern.

RSLivingston_III

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2006, 10:40:15 PM »
Steve,
Just heard about your situation. I wish you well and hope you will work hard to get back. Good luck and hope we might meet.

ralph
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 03:27:59 PM by Ralph_Livingston »
"You need to start with the hickories as I truly believe it is hard to get inside the mind of the great architects from days gone by if one doesn't have any sense of how the equipment played way back when!"  
       Our Fearless Leader

Dave_Miller

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2006, 11:17:25 AM »
A Web-based golf architecture-related fund raiser is being arranged for Steve Curry. If folks will just be patient enough to wait for details they will be forthcoming very shortly. Donations can be made through the fund when it is established and publicized. Thanks for your prayers and concern.

Brad:
Keep us posted.  Look forward to getting the details.
Best
Dave

Steve Curry

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2006, 04:56:56 PM »
home Safe and well, mostly sound.

Cheers,
Steve

peter_p

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2006, 05:02:40 PM »
Steve,
Welcome home to your family. Nothing less than total recovery. Best wishes.

ed_getka

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2006, 06:48:29 PM »
Steve,
   I am happy to hear your procedure went well. I will be praying for your good health. Have a Merry Christmas.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2006, 06:51:26 PM »
Steve,

Is this bump in the road going to in anyway interrupt our plans to eat BBQ up your way?

Tony

Tim Copeland

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2006, 07:11:32 PM »
I do not know you my man...but I am praying for you and wish you a speedy recovery
I need a nickname so I can tell all that I know.....

mike_malone

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2006, 07:26:26 PM »
Steve,

I want to add my prayers to those already expressed. I look forward to your broad smile at some future GCA get together.
AKA Mayday

Donnie Beck

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2006, 07:51:16 PM »
Steve,

Glad to hear you are home...

james soper

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2006, 09:30:32 PM »
steve,
glad to hear your at home as well. you will continue to in my prayers. as paul buchanan of the blue nile sang-"god bless you kid". jim
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 09:32:49 PM by james soper »

mark chalfant

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2006, 09:36:28 PM »
Steve, so glad you will be home for Christmas. You are very much in my thoughts and prayers

mark

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back