News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

TEPaul

Seven years. Imagine. Time goes by so fast. This website, and for so many of those who've been on it, and others, has been a long and most interesting road of all kinds of subjects, controversies, research generated, clubs and courses helped, friends made, and golfers getting together through it for all kinds of reasons. Today I met two strangers at two different golf clubs and when I introduced myself they both said; "GOLFCLUBATLAS, right?"  

Thank you Ran and John Morrissett. I bet at first you never imagined it would come to this.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 11:06:22 PM by TEPaul »

paul cowley

Re:I think GOLFCLUBATLAS.com is just about seven years old now
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 11:09:37 PM »
I'll second that....and third and fourth it too if I may :).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 11:11:35 PM by paul cowley »
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

Troy Alderson

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 11:12:18 PM »
WOW!

23000 posts within 7 years.  You da man Tom Paul or just post alot of nothing.  I do not think that is it though.  You are very insightful.

As for Ran and company, it is an honor to be apart of this group of golf wackos.

Troy

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 11:51:08 PM »
There is a lot I could express on this post, and I'm sure you would all be ready to have me committed once I did, so I'll abstain.

It actually seems like more of a lifetime for me, and I'm more then happy about that.

Dunlop_White

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 12:23:53 AM »
I still log-in daily. It was once an addiction. Now, it's just something I do. Thanks to Ran ... for the entertainment and the education.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 01:20:53 AM »
Is it too early to start planning the 10 year anniversary GCA.com tour? ;D  We could have a trophy, "Ten Cup"
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Glenn Spencer

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 09:48:02 AM »
I couldn't live without it, thanks to all!! I have learned a lot and enjoyed it a lot.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 09:51:35 AM »
Tommy - what's even scarier was the long internet life we had BEFORE this site existed.... rec.sports.golf... golfonline grillroom... several others....

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 09:53:00 AM »
I remember the first time the site went down for a day.  

A three-pack a day man washed up on a desert island waiting for his smokes to dry couldn't have been Jonesing more than I was.

Thankfully, with much help from Dr. Katz, I'm now a user, not an abuser of GCA.  

Seriously, what an awesome place and I've met some fantastic people (even if they are all cynical assh*les) and learned a lot through Ran's beneficent online nuthouse.

Glenn Spencer

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 10:35:49 AM »
There are many courses in the Courses by Country review section that I would have played anyway, but two that I never would have are Broadmoor in Indianapolis and Holston Hills in Knoxville. I enjoyed them both greatly and owe it all to Ran. I am sure that there are others, but those stick out.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back