News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

redanman

Courses still accepting metal spikes?
« on: June 07, 2006, 07:02:26 AM »
I have a friend heading to Scotland soon, please list Scottish Courses if known.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 07:36:55 PM by W.Vostinak »

TEPaul

Re:Courses still accepting metal spikes?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 09:57:19 AM »
redanman:

Don't be a dinasour. Haven't you noticed the metal spike era is about totally gone now? Few people even own metal spiked golf shoes anymore (except me who still has about twenty pair in my closet mostly because I couldn't get all the metal spikes out of them ;) ). You seem to work hard to be an anachronism.

Move on Man, the World has---that is unless you want to move to France and hang out with some of those Frogs who are still trying to live in an era that was the long-gone French Empire.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 09:58:20 AM by TEPaul »

David_Tepper

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 05:09:06 PM »
Bill -

I just got back from 3+ weeks in Dornoch. My best guess is that all the courses in the area (RDGC, Brora, Goslpie & Tain) will accept metal spikes (but not in the clubhouse!). However, I am not 100% sure and you should contact the clubs in advance and/or bring soft spike shoes as a backup.

DT

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 05:29:51 PM »
Bill,
the MINIMAL rainfall so far in June - and forecast to continue - means 'your friend' could probably play in slippers most places if he was so inclined... ;)

FBD,
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

olivier

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 10:57:22 PM »
Move on Man, the World has---that is unless you want to move to France and hang out with some of those Frogs who are still trying to live in an era that was the long-gone French Empire.  ;)

I believe most of the French courses turned soft spikes now. Cannot tell what was used when the Empire was still standing though .

James Bennett

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 01:36:16 AM »
Bill

does your 'friend' generally play from the forward tees with an 11 degree taylor-made R7 driver?  ;)

If so, I suggest the other GCA posters don't argue with your 'friend'.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back