News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

wsmorrison

Re:Report from Merion
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2006, 09:19:32 AM »
Bill,

Scott Anderson (I'll see him tomorrow and ask again) said that their grain at Huntingdon Valley is influenced by gravity foremost (I guess this means towards the low point of the course?) and secondly toward the sun.  I'll try and get his explanation and post it afterwards.  I'll see you on Tuesday, right?  We can confer then.  Looking forward to it!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 09:20:43 AM by Wayne Morrison »

Dave_Miller

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2006, 05:13:14 PM »

Chip:
Good to see you back and posting.  Haven't heard fromyou for a while.
Best
Dave

James Bennett

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2006, 08:24:53 PM »
I was fortunate enough to play Merion in mid-April.  The greens were absolutely outstanding - tournament ready.  Firm and hard and reasonably fast.  One of the highlights of my trip.  I enjoyed reading the interns report about maintenance at merion, and the emphasis on hand-watering, and on hand drainage (squee-geeing the water off the greens after a downpour).

Just to repeat a point here - the greens at Merion were so far ahead of the other Philly and California greens at an early stage of the season (apart from MPCC Dunes, which were similar).  Full marks to the course staff.

Now, if only the rough hadn't been as severe when I played, I might have enjoyed my game a bit more.  My memories of Merion were unaffected by my poor play though.

Wayne - I must load that disk and check the photos.  Thanks for the lend of a camera.  Mine has started to work again, since I returned home! :o

James B
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 08:25:45 PM by James Bennett »
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

wsmorrison

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2006, 08:35:26 PM »
James,

I have the disk.  I'll put them on a CD and send them to you (or Skype them to you).  IM me offline with your address or skype connection.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back