News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

RJ_Daley

Re:Dixie Cup III - Open For Registrations!
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 09:34:09 AM »
Mike, I'm sending in McArthur's deposit along with another local from among my regular cheesehead gang.  So, Bill McBride will still need to wear his NRR34s as I'll share with him, and the other two can share a separate accomodation.

Ironically, McArthur is there right now playing all week.  He goes frequently. He is typical of the GCA unaware.  He likes New Caladonia-True Blue, but doesn't get why or who Mike Strantz was.  So, we will have some education to conduct. ;) ;D

Also, we will most likely either arrive a day or so early, or stay a day or so late and be up for other golf sidetrips in the area.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 09:39:31 AM by RJ_Daley »
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

David Wigler

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2006, 10:37:28 AM »
Michael - are northerners and Big Ten grads allowed?  If yes, I am going to need to think really hard about this.  It sounds like a blast.
And I took full blame then, and retain such now.  My utter ignorance in not trumpeting a course I have never seen remains inexcusable.
Tom Huckaby 2/24/04

Brad Tufts

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2006, 11:29:26 AM »
Ditto to David....this Northerner is very tempted...will have a better idea of if/when i will have off time to use in the coming weeks...
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2006, 02:59:21 PM »
David & Brad:  By all means... you know how we Southerners are... the more Yankees the better. The Dixie Cup is intended to be an opportunity for us to showcase some of our better courses to the rest of the non-southern GCA.com contingent in a fun Ryder Cup style competition. I hope ya'll can make it.

I plan to "bump" this thread every couple of weeks to keep up the top-of-mind awareness. I'm sure we will fill up quickly as the summer passes.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 03:00:02 PM by Michael Whitaker »
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Mike Vegis @ Kiawah

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2006, 03:56:55 PM »
Mike--

Ya gotta watch out for Wolverines....  Spartans... A-OK.  Wolverines...  not so much... ;) ;)

Tiger_Bernhardt

Re:Dixie Cup III - It's Just Around The Corner!
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2006, 04:33:47 PM »
I am weakening!!!

Michael Whitaker

Dixie Cup III:  "The Mike Strantz Mini-Tour"

CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE REGISTRATION UPDATE[/url]
The dates have been finalized for Dixie Cup III. The "official" games will be played Saturday, November 4 through Monday, November 6.

The schedule of events will be as follows:

Saturday, Nov 4:
Golf at Caledonia - Teetimes begin at 11:30AM (front & back)
Fish Fry at Caledonia - Festivities begin around 7:30PM

NEW!  "Architect's Corner" - Presentation by Tom Walker (GCA) and Ben Steen (Super) on the redesign and construction of The Founders Club at Pawley's Island (formerlly Sea Gull Golf Club).

Sunday, Nov 5:
Golf at True Blue - Teetimes begin at 11:30AM (front & back)

NEW!  After Sunday golf Dixie Cuppers are invited to tour The Founders Club at Pawley's Island construction. Architect and superintendent will be on hand to guide you around the site and answer any questions.

Monday, Nov 6:
Golf at Bulls Bay - Teetimes begin at 10:45AM

Due to limited daylight hours we are only scheduling 18 holes per day. However, if there is time for an extra nine holes the courses are agreeable... or, we can arrange some mini-matches (6 holes, etc.) for those who are interested. Hickory anyone?

For those requiring help with accommodations, we have secured 10 two-bedroom condos at True Blue for three nights (Fri, Sat, Sun). Each bedroom has two double beds and a private bath. Participants staying at True Blue may take a bedroom by themselves or share a with a roommate. The True Blue condos are within two minutes of Caledonia and True Blue, and less than an hour's drive to Bull's Bay.

Costs are as follows:

Three rounds of golf at True Blue, Caledonia, and Bulls Bay plus three nights shared accommodations and Saturday evening fish fry at Caledonia = $375

If you require single accommodations the cost will be $425.

Three rounds of golf only (no accommodations) = $324

If you want something less or something more you will need to contact me directly and we'll work it out. For those who might want to expand their trip and arrive early or stay over... we will arrange accommodations at the True Blue condos if you need them and/or help line up games at other area courses.

Sorry, there can be no comps.

A $50 deposit will secure your position. We are limited to a maximum of 28 participants at Bull's Bay and 40 participants at Caledonia & True Blue.

HOW TO REGISTER: Send an email to dixiecup3@charter.net
We will reply with complete details and post your registration on the following link: COMPLETE REGISTRATION UPDATE[/url].

QUESTIONS or MORE INFORMATION: Send an email to dixiecup3@charter.net
If the information requested has interest to everyone we will post the question and response in this thread.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 01:30:49 AM by Michael Whitaker »
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

RJ_Daley

Re:Dixie Cup III - Just Around The Corner!
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2006, 09:45:32 PM »
As it stands, we cheeseheads are looking at fly-in to Charleston Wed afternoon, dinner/drinks downtown.  Have a SUV rented.

Looking for a 4th player for someplace to play Thurs.  Have inquiry to TOC, not sure yet on that.  Or, any other suggestions and a 4th to join us Thurs?    

Friday, drive up to Myrtle.  Can play Fri or drink.  Plenty of golf left for Sat Sun Mon.  Fly back out of Charleston Tues, so can drink more Mon night after Bulls Bay. ;D 8)

Please, no:
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Bryce Mueller

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2006, 09:53:07 PM »
just wanted to tell everybody to go easy at bulls bay, I have the course record out there, and would like to keep it for awhile ;D
While you are there, ask to go up to upstairs deck to see the best view from a golf club in the southeast...

Bill_McBride

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2006, 09:58:40 PM »
Please, no:

I give up.  Whatsat? ???

Wish I could join you, but will fly into Myrtle Beach Friday evening.  We'll meet for dinner and drinks near the True Blue condos, okay?  A nice little Italian familia joint sort of like the Emperor's Palm Springs special would be just about-a right!  ;D

RJ_Daley

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2006, 10:05:21 PM »
Jeez McBride, you live in hurry-a-cane alley, and you don't know what that is?  ::)  Remind me not to go sailing off Pepsicola with you!  :o

There are lotsa nice joints on that stretch of hwy near TrueBlue.  We'll get fed alright... 8)

RJ_Daley

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2006, 10:07:37 PM »
Bryce, my gang are all running about 11-13 handies right now, I don't think we can get that good by Nov.  ::) ;D

Congrats on the course record, what is it?

Bryce Mueller

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2006, 10:49:08 PM »
ok i feel a little bit more at ease now :)

the number is 62, i played the back first and actually parred 10, the first par 5 on the back, and made bogey on 13, the second par 5 on the back, to drop back to even par... from there on it got sorta crazy though, 29 on the front 9, my back...

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2006, 12:08:58 PM »
Bryce - Congrats on the 62!!! I wish you could play for our South team!  ;)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2006, 06:24:24 PM »
bump

RJ_Daley

We are looking for an idea for Thurs and Friday.  Our threesome arrive Wed in Charleston.  We can't get on TOC Thurs due to some outting.  We might consider just driving straight out Charleston to Myrtle to find someplace to bat it around.  Although, we'd like to spend the first two days in Charleston, then go to the Dixie Cup Sat-Sun- back to Charleston Mon, for Bulls Bay, before leaving Tues.

Anyone got any ideas where and want to get something going for Thurs and Friday that isn't a budget buster?  

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2006, 07:01:57 PM »
Please, no:

I give up.  Whatsat? ???

Wish I could join you, but will fly into Myrtle Beach Friday evening.  We'll meet for dinner and drinks near the True Blue condos, okay?  A nice little Italian familia joint sort of like the Emperor's Palm Springs special would be just about-a right!  ;D
I know you posted the above a while ago, but I know just the place that meets your requirements.  It's called Pastaria 811.  It's just a little north of True Blue, in a little strip mall called "The Litchfield Exchange."  Great Chicken Parmigiana!
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Mike_Golden

It looks like you can add one more to the Southern contingent...

RJ_Daley

Shalom, ya'all!  I thought there was some unwritten rule of the Dixie Cup that you must revert to playing for the side of your boithday, which if I ain't mistaken, is somewhere near the lower east side of the Big Apple for you Mr. Golden, or am I meshugana!  ;) ;D 8)

Bill_McBride

MEMO

To:     Whoever's in charge

Had a couple of birdies today, so ready to declare:

I need a piece of Dick Daley!  Metaphorically speaking of course.   ;D ;D

Mike_Golden

Shalom, ya'all!  I thought there was some unwritten rule of the Dixie Cup that you must revert to playing for the side of your boithday, which if I ain't mistaken, is somewhere near the lower east side of the Big Apple for you Mr. Golden, or am I meshugana!  ;) ;D 8)

Dick, I agree but they put me on the South team last year so I'm stuck...

Here's a funny story from this morning:  I missed my tee time by about 30 minutes and went out by myself-I caught a 4some on the 3rd tee (150 yard par 3 over water) and they told me to play through and show them how to do it.  One of them had a ball about 5' from the hole so I said 'it looks like one of you should be showing me'.  So I step up to the tee and hit a 7 iron that lands 6 inches left of the hole and stops about an inch from the ball mark.  As the new guy at the club I probably have a reputation now.

Oh, I made the putt...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 10:21:23 PM by Mike Golden »

Bill_McBride

Dick, I agree but they put me on the South team last year so I'm stuck...

Here's a funny story from this morning:  I missed my tee time by about 30 minutes and went out by myself-I caught a 4some on the 3rd tee (150 yard par 3 over water) and they told me to play through and show them how to do it.  One of them had a ball about 5' from the hole so I said 'it looks like one of you should be showing me'.  So I step up to the tee and hit a 7 iron that lands 6 inches left of the hole and stops about an inch from the ball mark.  As the new guy at the club I probably have a reputation now.

Oh, I made the putt...

Sounds like they are over-watering the greens!  ::) ;D

Michael Whitaker

Dixie Cup III:  "The Mike Strantz Mini-Tour"

CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE REGISTRATION UPDATE[/url]

RJ_Daley

Michael,
Wild Bill McBride sent me e-mail that he has a local buddy he will now be sharing a condo with.  I could use a roomate, if someone else is looking.  Or, I'll pay the extra $50 for a single.  It is OK with me either way.  

I guess McBride heard about that unfortunate sleepwalking episode I had with the axe and chainsaw...  ::) ;D

Michael Whitaker

Gotcha, RJ. I'll book you as a single... unless someone else is looking and we need to pair you up. Thanks!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back