News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan Moore

Re:Changes To Kingsley Club
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2007, 02:27:17 PM »
I really don't know why anyone would have trouble with the 2nd.  Its just a short iron.  See how easy it looks from here.

Of course from the tee it looks a little more imposing.  Maybe its the front pin location where if you pull or push just a little those traps can gooble you up.  Then its pretty easy to play ping pong between the traps once you are there.  Terrific short par 3 which is part of a great front nine.  And like Royal County Down the great front is complemented by a pretty strong back that doesn't get the respect it deserves because of how good the front is.  

"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

ed_getka

« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2007, 02:37:16 PM »
Quote from: Mike_DeVries
[quote

Any day is a great day at Kingsley -- I count myself as completely lucky and blessed to be able to experience it every time I am on the property.

My feelings exactly. 8)
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Andy Troeger

« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2007, 11:19:58 PM »
Dan,
The thing you don't see, especially to the right, is the huge depression to the right that goes down into a hollow.

I'd be curious to know from Mike or anyone else just how deep that area is. For someone with my (lack of) touch around the greens it might as well be known as the "pit of despair!" :)

TEPaul

« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2007, 11:42:35 PM »
Mike DeVries:

Those two photos above----WOW.

You did good!  Really good!

If that's a maintenance or cart path I see there, even that and its "lines" looks great.

Rick and I, Mike, we go back a long way---a long, long, loooong way. A lot of water under that bridge. ;)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 11:48:13 PM by TEPaul »

Mike_DeVries

« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2007, 10:48:03 PM »
Dan,
The thing you don't see, especially to the right, is the huge depression to the right that goes down into a hollow.

I'd be curious to know from Mike or anyone else just how deep that area is.

Andy, it's 18 feet below the putting surface.

Geoffrey Childs

« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2007, 10:51:12 PM »
Quote from: Mike_DeVries
[quote

Any day is a great day at Kingsley -- I count myself as completely lucky and blessed to be able to experience it every time I am on the property.

My feelings exactly. 8)

I'll third that sentiment. What a great club from the course to the staff who treated us so nicely.  I hope I can see it again with the new work.

Andy Troeger

« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2007, 11:08:31 PM »
Dan,

I'd be curious to know from Mike or anyone else just how deep that area is.

Andy, it's 18 feet below the putting surface.

Mike,
Thanks...I was guessing 20, so I'm glad to know I wasn't too far off!  

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back