News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

john_stiles

Re:Baby Sister Courses..
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2006, 03:09:35 PM »
Some Southern belle sisters worthy of mention are :

The Honors and The Farm were developed by single minded business men, Mr. Lupton and Mr. Shaw respectively.  Architects were the great and fabulous Dye, other by wonderful and beloved Fazio. Each course is much a one-man show, and each is in tune with the amateur tournaments. Ambiance is much the same and they are within 30 minutes of each.

Linville and Roaring Gap, each by Ross and his farmers, each an enclave of the successful in North Carolina.  Linville has strong contingent from Charlotte,  Roaring Gap has Winston- Salem.  A difference is that Linville is a resort while Roaring Gap is private.   This would be a wonderful summer day's trip with a nice car for the mountain roads between.

Or, alternatively, consider Grandfather Mountain and Linville as two sisters.  A short drive separates the two mountain hide-a-aways, a modern and a classic.

I love thinking about golf trips such as these.

Andy Hughes

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2006, 03:52:47 PM »
Mr White was and is an underappreciated unknown to most, even here.  
Bill, as someone who grew up on a diet of Water Gap and moreso Glenbrook, thanks for the mention!
 ;)
"Perhaps I'm incorrect..."--P. Mucci 6/7/2007

redanman

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2006, 04:42:24 PM »
Bill V-
I have yet to see a hill or valley that Robert White was bashful about routing a golf hole, up, down or around.
I'm guessing Northampton CC is private?

Private? Yes.

Surprize!  Northampton is dead flat!  Great greens, #2 is a real favorite of mine the "Baby's Butt".  Self-explanatory shape.  Way cool.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back