News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kyle Harris

This just in...
« on: December 30, 2005, 02:26:20 PM »
Mike Cirba has been found!

Somewhere near Reading, PA: Missing golfer and GCA regular Mike Cirba was spotted today leaving a hospital in Reading, PA. Cirba had apparently been holding a bedside vigil with his Gap Wedge, which has been sick for several months now.

Cirba first noted the illness when he found his wedge incapable of rendering any sort of controlled flight on to his golf ball from around the green. Initially, the problem was thought to be an off day, but as time went on, it just got worse and worse.

"At first, I thought the problem was me, but being an infallable left-handed golfer, that couldn't have been the case."

Doctors, at first, were skeptical. "Left-handedness is a disease that can have these results. In fact, in light of new information, I wouldn't be surprised is Mike's lefthandedness caused his Wedge's illness."

When asked about the well-being of the beloved Gapper, Cirba responded, "Only time will tell, he'll be released shortly for recovery in my garage, and may be ready for next season. In the mean time, I'll be practicing with my sand wedge."

Hehe, just picking on you Mike. Good to see you back around: Though you may have been and I haven't been paying attention.  :P

Mike_Cirba

Re:This just in...
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 05:10:51 PM »
Yes, the rumors of my death are largely preliminary and I even played golf this week in South Carolina.  

My wedge, on the other hand, had a near death experience as Kyle reported.   ;D

Bill_McBride

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 05:56:51 PM »
When I have a misbehaving club, it doesn't go to the hospital, it languishes in the dark of either the trunk or that barrel of miscreants in the basement!  >:(

And God knows I've had many..... :P

RJ_Daley

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 06:15:56 PM »
You have a basement in Pensicola? :o
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 09:45:14 PM »
Mike,
Must be a lefty thing. I suggest euthanasia.

For a short time I possessed (actually, IT was possessed) a gap wedge that loved to 'snap fade' any shot from 100 yds or so.
One time I sh***ed it so far left that I had to drop another and ask a Pro friend to watch what I was doing. After he got up from rolling on the ground with laughter we found the second ball in the woods resting right next to the first one.
He praised my consistency.
After a couple more demonically possessed shots I decided to break it's neck over my knee. Shortly thereafter we decided that leaving it in the bottom of my bag could have an ill affect on my sand wedge so we drowned it in the first pond we came upon and if I had an 80lb bag of concrete with me I would have lashed it to both halves of the club before sending it to it's watery grave.

I'm all better now.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 09:46:04 PM by Jim_Kennedy »
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Bill_McBride

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 10:03:06 PM »
Dick, I live in the North Hill historical district of Pensacola, on a hill above downtown, and we have a 16' x 16' basement which originally contained a boiler for a central heating system with radiators, plus storage area for uncooperative golf clubs.

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 10:05:52 PM »
Mike,
Must be a lefty thing. I suggest euthanasia.

For a short time I possessed (actually, IT was possessed) a gap wedge that loved to 'snap fade' any shot from 100 yds or so.
One time I sh***ed it so far left that I had to drop another and ask a Pro friend to watch what I was doing. After he got up from rolling on the ground with laughter we found the second ball in the woods resting right next to the first one.
He praised my consistency.
After a couple more demonically possessed shots I decided to break it's neck over my knee. Shortly thereafter we decided that leaving it in the bottom of my bag could have an ill affect on my sand wedge so we drowned it in the first pond we came upon and if I had an 80lb bag of concrete with me I would have lashed it to both halves of the club before sending it to it's watery grave.

I'm all better now.

Jim,

Great story!

I usually just tell people that I bought a 60 degree wedge in 2003 and I loved it so much that it accounted for 78% of my shots that year.  

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 10:14:11 PM »
Actually,

The real story here that Kyle is reporting is that I've been pretty much AWOL from this board (and away from many friends here) for some time now and I have to beg forgiveness to many of you.

I know it's no excuse but sometimes there are just things that need to be done that take precedence and real life and work can be a bitch.  

I would like you to know that I do try to keep up here in terms of reading, but rarely have time to post much recently and I'm trusting that you understand if I've not been the most communicative and "in touch" with many of you as I wish I could.  You all know who you are and I love and respect all of you, even when I might be absent...not that there's anything wrong with that! ;)  (sorry...but humor is probably my last defense)

In any case, I hope that you can understand if I've neglected to reply to a message you sent, or was unable to return a call.  

I'm hoping to reconnect in 2006...it's going to be a great year for all of us.

And finally, thank to Ran for this board.  The check is in the mail.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back