News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

mike_malone

Contributions
« on: December 21, 2005, 11:29:46 AM »
 If my counting is correct there have been 84 contributors this year. I love the recommendation that one base it on the par of their course.

I decided to use the par as it is now on my home course instead of reducing it by one as Wayne Morrison would have us do by making #18 a par 4. But I did think about agreeing with him since it would save me a dollar ;D
AKA Mayday

PThomas

Re:Contributions
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 11:39:16 AM »
was thinking of this too as well Mayday, thanks for posting

a VERY small price to pay for GCA!
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

john_stiles

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 11:59:27 AM »

Your counting may be correct, but there is one more than listed  ;)

Craig Van Egmond

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 12:09:38 PM »

84 out of 1500?  Something seems wrong about that.

This is the best deal on the web.  

peter_p

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 01:44:11 PM »
Mine is also in the mail from a week ago. It is discouraging    :) to see that TE Paul leads all individuals in this category too (discounting Ran's family).

mark chalfant

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 01:52:58 PM »
thanks for the reminder Mike, getting an out of town membership at  Whitinsville is even better !
Merry Christmas

mike_malone

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005, 03:18:30 PM »
 I was asked " How do I contribute? "

Go to the Menu on the left side of the screen for "Contributions" and click on it. You will find instructions there.

BTW an interesting exercise is to look at the contribution list and compare it to the active posters ;D
AKA Mayday

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005, 05:38:49 PM »
I know I may catch some flack for this, but why don't we make contributions mandatory for this site.

They could certainly be well spent on computer upgrades.

We could all give our credit card numbers once for automatic renewal the 1st of each year.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Steve Lapper

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005, 10:38:40 PM »
I know I may catch some flack for this, but why don't we make contributions mandatory for this site.

They could certainly be well spent on computer upgrades.

We could all give our credit card numbers once for automatic renewal the 1st of each year.

Better than that....let's "out" some of those verbal streams who don't pay their way..we could even use that awful tactic deployed by certain charity functions...."declarations." :P

Seriously though, perhaps making up a Ranking List of those who've yet to contribute their fair share might either:

A) Fill the coffers appropriately, or;

B) Diminish their inane postings!
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Sean_A

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005, 05:58:40 AM »
I notice there aren't many contributors outside the US.  I count 3.  What gives?  If we get a free pass I wish somebody would have told me.  

Ciao

Sean
New plays planned for 2024: Nothing

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005, 08:13:56 AM »
I don't get it...could someone please explain to me why they do not contribute to this site? It's a small amount of money for in many cases hundreds of hours of enjoyment ???
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

wsmorrison

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2005, 08:22:30 AM »
Cary,

No explanations are necessary.  If people do not contribute that is there business.  If the site is in financial difficulty, there are enough contributors to see that it is kept solvent.  Maybe participants from other nations do not contribute because of the currency constraints.  Whatever the reasons, it is a free forum that depends on voluntary donations.  I don't want to speak for Ran, but it changes the ethos if there are forced contributions.  Then there is a sense of entitlement which some seem to act upon in any case.  But voluntary contributions and Ran's support are what makes this an open forum.  Let's keep it that way and depend on the positive side of human nature.  I'd rather it stand or fall on that as opposed to another structure.

Even these reminders, we usually see them this time of year, are a bit invasive for the spirit of the site.  At least that's how I see it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 08:31:53 AM by Wayne Morrison »

Kelly Blake Moran

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2005, 08:36:37 AM »
Checking the list I noticed I am from West Bend, Wisconsin.  Could somebody tell me a little about where I am what there is to do in the area.  Any other tips about living in Wisconsin other than the apparant misunderstanding about the passing game inthat it is better to throw passes to the other team rather than to your teammates ;D

Michael Moore

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2005, 08:37:33 AM »
Cary,

Perhaps some people here are assistant golf professionals or golf course leaf-blower operators and can't afford a donation.
Metaphor is social and shares the table with the objects it intertwines and the attitudes it reconciles. Opinion, like the Michelin inspector, dines alone. - Adam Gopnik, The Table Comes First

mike_malone

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2005, 08:40:03 AM »
 I don't see the need for mandatory fees , but I appreciate a reminder now and again.
AKA Mayday

Jfaspen

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2005, 08:40:53 AM »
Cary,

Perhaps some people here are assistant golf professionals or golf course leaf-blower operators and can't afford a donation.

Or students, as I was until this past September when I got a full-time job.  

Ben Voelker

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2005, 09:14:36 AM »
Thanks Jeffery,

There's many-a-thing I would love to contribute to, but in working my way to $40,000+ in students loans, its hard to justify donating to much more than a few dollars to anything every now and then.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 09:15:06 AM by Ben Voelker »

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2005, 09:44:09 AM »
Thanks for the reminder - check's in the mail.  Now if I make it out to GCA which stands for Girl's Club of America then - oh, never mind, just a joke - it's the one check that I look forward to signing because it's worth every penny.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back