News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

Royal Birkdale
« on: November 06, 2005, 08:48:11 AM »
I have just visited the RB's site to look for winter green fees.  To my surprise the course is closed for 6 months this winter.  This sounds like fairly major changes are afoot.  I know there was discussion about pushing a green back into the dunes, but this isn't enough reason to close a course.  They have the Open in 2008, what other changes are being made?  Anybody have any info?

Ciao

Sean
New plays planned for 2024: Nothing

Tony_Muldoon

Re:Royal Birkdale
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 03:41:26 PM »
Sorry Sean can't contribute anything to your question, but it might be the right thread to ask one of my own.

I have a weekend visit to liverpool in January with the family.  ~an early morning round on the saturday or sunday would not be out of the question if I can find a friendly club who would allow a singleton on at these times.  I'm not expwecting to get on a top tier course but if anyone knows of an interesting Links course that might allow me on I'd be delighted to hear about it.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Andy Levett

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 04:41:28 PM »
Sorry Sean can't contribute anything to your question, but it might be the right thread to ask one of my own.

I have a weekend visit to liverpool in January with the family.  ~an early morning round on the saturday or sunday would not be out of the question if I can find a friendly club who would allow a singleton on at these times.  I'm not expwecting to get on a top tier course but if anyone knows of an interesting Links course that might allow me on I'd be delighted to hear about it.

Tony,
I was in the same situation last winter and after a bit of surfing and a couple of phone calls ended up at West Lancs. Details a bit hazy now but it was a Sunday, 10am-ish, about £40 and a fine course. I don't remember if 10 was the earliest time I could get or if I just chose to go off then. Fine course - some thoughts and flat light pix here: http://mackenziegreens.blogspot.com/2004/11/west-lancashire-shining-bright-from.html

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 04:51:08 PM »
Thanks Andy, I meant to add must be near a Railway Station and your link to the club website shows it is.  Looks like New Year will start off on the right foot.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Larry_Keltto

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 06:43:38 PM »
I played West Lancs as a throw-in "bonus" round this past spring on a trip, and I really enjoyed it, especially the front 9. It's right next to the railroad stop.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back