News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Evan Fleisher

Vegas Golf Recommendations
« on: November 02, 2005, 09:21:54 AM »
I know this has been asked (somewhat) before, and I'm currently trying to search the archives for information, BUT...

I've got a friend who is going to Vegas soon, and since I've never been there before I'm asking the treehouse for some recommendations for a course to play. Stipulations:

* Needs to be playable by an average (i.e., Hack!) player
* Should be in/near Vegas, not too far a drive (not sure of their transportation situation)
* A "reasonable" price (is there such a thing in Vegas?)
* Should be publicly accessible...dude has no connections that I know of

Okay gang...let me have it!
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

THuckaby2

Re:Vegas Golf Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 10:26:49 AM »
E - if ALL of those criteria are required, AND another is that it has to be a decent golf course, than the answer might be "leave the clubs at home."  There really is no such thing as good afforable golf close-in to the Strip.  If he can go farther away, the horizons broaden considerably.  But close in, well... it's all very, very pricey.

Hopefully others can give a more rosey picture.

But do find out how far away he's willing to travel.  If he can go 45 mins outside of Vegas, there are several decent options.

TH

Robert_Ball

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 10:46:02 AM »
Evan

Check out these threads:
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forums2/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=19869;start=0

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forums2/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=16875;start=0

Tom's right.  You gotta be willing to drive to Mesquite, Primm (CA border) or St George UT for good value.

For basic golf at less than $75 he can go to Desert Rose muni which is about 10-15 min from the strip.

Robert

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 11:55:34 AM »
Slight change to the stipulations...

I believe that this person is being "hosted" or paid for by someone else, so cost may be less of an issue.

What say you?
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

THuckaby2

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 12:10:47 PM »
If cost is truly NO issue, the of course he needs to go to one or more of Shadow Creek, Cascata, Wynn.  Each can be done, but each is gonna set one back close to a grand, if not more, for the two of them.

Royal Links is supposed to be sort of fun also - links replica holes.  It's around $300 as I recall.

That's all I know - check those other threads.

TH

Mike Erdmann

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 12:30:59 PM »
Evan, Boulder Creek 20 minutes from the airport in Boulder City seems to be what you're looking for.  It's a high-end muni, opened about 3 years ago, across the highway from Cascata.  I guess nothing's cheap in Vegas, but their rates are pretty good by Vegas standards - $120 before noon, $70 after.  A MUCH better course than the Angel Park complex.  www.bouldercreekgc.com

Bill Gayne

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 01:22:06 PM »
Any thoughts on Desert Pines? I need something convenient to the Airport and Bellagio that I can get to in a cab for a late afternoon round. I'm not a high roller and I won't have a car.

Thanks

Sean Leary

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 01:54:09 PM »
I have heard that there is some last minute tee time service in for Vegas, where you find out the day of where you will be playing.  I have a call in to get the number, but my understanding is that it is at one of the "better courses" where you end up playing. My guess is that they release the tee times at a dicount once they realize it won't be filled.  I'll report back once I hear, but I heard that it brings the cost in half or more...

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 08:33:45 PM »
Evan,

There are an inordinate number of locations where you can go night putting to your heart's content.

See, see the ball, be, be the ball ...  and ... stay out of the lumber yard.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 08:34:06 PM by Patrick_Mucci »

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 08:57:44 AM »
Thanks for all the feedback gang...the info has been passed along!!!

BV...I have used the Stand-By Golf service before, in Hawaii.  It seemed to work pretty well and I got a decent tee time at a nice rate.  Don't have any experience with it in the few other places they operate.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back