News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

Where are you guys?
« on: October 25, 2005, 11:23:00 AM »
In a slight variation of the famous and popular "Who are you guys" thread.  (The only thread with more sequels than Rocky).

Here is a really cool map program that I set up which allows you (at least those of you who live in the US) to show where you are located.  Pretty cool.  

http://www.frappr.com/golfclubatlas

Check it out, and add yourselves it would be cool to see the distribution of where we all reside.
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

THuckaby2

Re:Where are you guys?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 11:25:48 AM »
Done!

And that is cool....

This could be a hell of a map once more people see this.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 11:31:07 AM »
Done...  ;D

Brian Noser

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 11:37:22 AM »
I am in, that is one cool program.

George Pazin

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 11:39:08 AM »
It's nice to know we can call Ham anytime for a game at ANGC.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Kirk Gill

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 11:41:12 AM »
Thanks, Turboe. Cool Stuff!
"After all, we're not communists."
                             -Don Barzini

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 11:46:41 AM »
Yeah this thing is really cool.  I am just learning about what all you can do with it.  I just found it on another discussion group that I go to everyonce in a while.  It is really cool when the map gets filled up.   I wonder if we can somehow pin this thing so that no matter when it falls off the front page eventually it will be readily available for anyone to see.

Also I just learned that it is not limited to the US, I merely set the US up as the default view.  Anyone can enter their international city, and if you zoom out on the left side you will see the world view as well.

Enjoy!!

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

George Pazin

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 11:52:43 AM »
Daryl, we just need a couple of the more prolific posters to add the link to their taglines. Maybe BillV could explain how he does the link thing in his tagline, with the "Click to play".

Nice photos.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 11:53:14 AM »
By the way from what I can find once you enter your name, shoutout, and pic you cannot edit them.   So if you want a picture you cannot come back later and enter one if you enter it originally.

You can however email me if you want me to delete your entry so that you can start from scratch and reenter with a pic later.  Provided the requests dont get too overwhelming I will try to do that with the administrative functions that come with setting this map up.   I had to do it for myself as well.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 11:57:08 AM by Turboe »

Philip Gawith

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 12:10:09 PM »
Turboe - can't you do an international one? ;)

And what will happen when lots of people sign up? So far 19 have registered and the chart looks nicely populated. Things are going to get pretty busy on there! Or is there some clever software which will solve the problem?

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 12:28:21 PM »
Turboe - can't you do an international one? ;)

And what will happen when lots of people sign up? So far 19 have registered and the chart looks nicely populated. Things are going to get pretty busy on there! Or is there some clever software which will solve the problem?

I was going to do a seperate international one (and I could) but then I noticed that the existing one will allow you to post international cities as well, you just have to zoom out to see them if you want.  It just has the continental US set up as the default zoom setting.   You can navigate the globe if you desire.

I just thought that everyone might want to be on one map.

Also it does seem to get a little crowded, but then you can zoom in on any congested area and it will break out continuing levels of detail (and spread).

Steve Curry

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2005, 12:41:18 PM »
very cool

Brent Hutto

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2005, 12:54:48 PM »
Quite a find, Daryl. Thanks for hooking us up.

wsmorrison

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2005, 01:00:18 PM »
Nice site.  I tried to load a picture but it didn't seem to work.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2005, 01:00:52 PM »
Nobody wants to see your picture Wayne.  ;D :P

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2005, 01:06:15 PM »
Nice site.  I tried to load a picture but it didn't seem to work.

Wayne I erased your original one, try again.

By the way email me rather than IM if you have a request.  I will see how much work this becomes.

Turboe44@aol.com

Tim Taylor

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2005, 01:18:01 PM »
SWEET!

Andy Doyle

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2005, 02:02:23 PM »
Very cool.

AD

wsmorrison

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2005, 02:03:01 PM »
I must be blackballed.  Is it something I said?  Kyle, your photo makes one wonder what a nice and attractive lady is doing with the likes of you  ;)  My photo on the other hand was the ninth fairway at Shinnecock.  I then tried to load the sixth tee shot at Indian Creek.  But I have been spurned once more.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2005, 02:12:06 PM »
Sometimes that photo makes me wonder the same thing.

ForkaB

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2005, 03:25:55 PM »
I'm in!  1st international member, I think.  Of course I'm too lazy to try to scroll around to Oz.......

George Pazin

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2005, 03:30:38 PM »
How are you uploading your photo, Wayne? All I did was click on Browse and then navigate through my computer to find a suitable photo.

Rich, we haven't annexed Canada (yet :)).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 03:31:36 PM by George Pazin »

ForkaB

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2005, 03:44:19 PM »
Quote from: George Pazin Rich, we haven't annexed Canada (yet :)).
[quote

'Tis a pity........ :'(

Steve Pozaric

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2005, 04:08:43 PM »
Very neat.  I searched for other golf groups and found "spicy golf" with some folks from Germany.

http://www.frappr.com/spicygolfforum

not really sure what they are about.   ???
Steve Pozaric

Dan Kelly

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2005, 04:16:14 PM »
Rich --

I've somehow missed the story behind that picture.

Care to tell it again?

Dan
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back