News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Richard Hetzel

Re: Granville Golf Club--A Round of Golf and History Lesson
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2013, 02:48:43 PM »
Here are few pictures of Granville GC from spring 2005 from my round there.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 02:57:59 PM by Richard Hetzel »
Best Played So Far This Season:
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

Jason Thurman

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2013, 10:35:31 AM »

Am I the only person who thinks Granville's 8th belongs on the list of Ross' best par 4s? It's a wonderful hole.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Brent Hutto

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2013, 10:47:32 AM »
The eighth is definitely a cracking bit of Ross and I appreciate that they've left all the bunkerage up near the green in place instead of modernizing it out of recognizability. I actually think the sixth hole plays like "the very Rossiest of Ross Par 4's" with its use of the hill, the ridge across the fairway and the perched green at a high corner of the property. (NOTE: I hope I'm recalling the correct hole number, it's the one immediately preceding the downhill Par 3).

Rich H. and everyone else, thanks for reviving this course's discussion here. It's a mystery why I've let so long go by without returning there to play.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back