News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

peter_p

Re:Who or what do you have hanging on your wall?
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2005, 02:33:46 PM »
A watercolour of the 8th hole of the revised Tualatin CC by club member Hal Light. In storage some Iain Lowe lithos of St Andrews and Bandon lithos. I have very limited wallspace.

ForkaB

« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2005, 02:37:49 PM »
Getting back on topic, I'm in the process of adding a brand new study/office to our house.  All these posts are very useful for deciding what to do with my soon to be tabulae rasae (aka walls....).  Thanks!

THuckaby2

« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2005, 02:39:47 PM »
For one for whom one of his many claims to fame is the cool use of typos, that is one fine use of proper Latin plurals.

BTW, I can send you an autographed photo of Tom Huckaby.  Just specify the size.  No charge.

;D

Bill Gayne

« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2005, 02:44:42 PM »
Now I know where all the golf junk on Ebay comes from! We spend our lives collecting all of this incredible stuff then our spouses and children sell it off when we depart.

PThomas

« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2005, 02:47:58 PM »
Doug _ I do not have the issue you referred to, unfortunately :(
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

ian

« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2005, 02:56:31 PM »
Wayne,

“Photo of Ballantrae (my first and only)”
Are you the Master of Ballantrae?

The only course that I can call my own, which recently had a hole changed for additional housing (not by me :P - very upsetting at the time - now I don't care). I guess that makes me anything but the master of Ballantrae

By the way, no Flynns?  What’s a matter with you, my friend from the North?
Wayne the routing plan for Shinnecock is indeed on the wall. Hey, Tom's copy was cheaper than mine, even with the conversion to american dollars. What gives? ;)

Of note, there are one or two of you who quitely sit on my wall of fame/infamy. :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 02:56:49 PM by Ian Andrew »

John_Cullum

« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2005, 02:59:14 PM »
I have a couple of oil paintings of those guys in the red jackets, and some photos of myself playing some courses in Scotland, but what I really want is a photograph of TE Paul and Wayne Morrison studying over some Flynn drawings in Tom Paul's study. Its an image that I keep fresh in my mind as I await the great book.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 03:19:42 PM by John Cullum »
"We finally beat Medicare. "

wsmorrison

« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2005, 03:07:46 PM »
John,

I hope you won't have to wait too much longer.  I hope we get the manuscript into the publisher's hands by year end.  With a lot of hlep from my friend.

Tommy, can you hear me?

I'll send you an autographed picture of Tom trying to explain to me the Tao of Flynn.

Ian,

I must have gotten the exchange rate wrong  ;)

Dave Kemp

« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2005, 09:17:52 PM »
Not many photos on the walls (yet):

- Mike Weir donning his green jacket with Tiger congratulating him
- 3 Successories pictures, Success, Challenge and Determination. I believe Challenge is 16 at CPC
- a B&W of the Avro Arrow
- my bookshelf with my rapidly growing collection of GCA books (including my most recent addition Golf Architecture, Vol 1 which I am about to go read some more)
- programs from the 2001 Masters and 2004 Ryder Cup

Ian A, being a huge Wings fan I am envious of your signed Yzerman and Howe score cards.  I have Gordie's autograph which I got when I was about 8 or 9 (at MLG of all places), a signed Yzerman card and plenty of signed Cujo stuff.

Great post, enjoy seeing what else is out there.

Zack Kelly

« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2005, 10:17:54 PM »
Scott,
It looks very much like your pic but a little closer.
Fairways & Greens
Zack Quinn Kelly

Mike Hendren

« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2005, 10:28:21 PM »
In our home office:

Bucket hats from Cascades and The Honors and baseball caps from SFGC, CPC, Spring Creek Ranch and Sand Hills.

Photographs of Sand Hills No. 1, Spyglass No. 4 and Carnoustie, No. 13 and Raynor's routing of Fairyland Golf Club.

A plaque presented August 17, 2003 acknowledging a decade of teaching an adult Sunday school class.

A plaque with one of my favorite sayings:  "We celebrate Christmas - because we know about Easter."

A Tennents glass given to me by the bartender at The Dunvegan Hotel in St. Andrews.  

A Moon Bag with the Cypress Point Club logo that holds the first and last wooden drivers my Dad played, my Power-Bilt Persimmon driver and an unopened sleeve of yellow Golden Rams with the 1982 World's Fair logo.  

A five pound note commemorating the 250th anniversary of the R & A, courtesy of THE Fat Baldy Drummer.
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #111 on: March 10, 2005, 10:46:59 PM »
In my office the famed Hogan 1 iron at Merion,.... a neat two picture set showing Hogan tee of on the first tee of his first and last tour victories........smoking, the classic Hogan and Palmerphoto.......a signed Palmer flag from Bay Hill......a signed Faldo flag from Muirfield.......a Jules Alexander picture of  number 12 at Royal Birkdale...and pride of place............a signed shirt from Eric Cantona, the other king.

At the house assorted pictures of classic holes, some that I have taken and some from much more talented individuals, and a really cool profile photo of Hogan as a young man, that Jules Alexander gave to me.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 10:49:21 PM by Michael Wharton-Palmer »

Jeff Fortson

« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2005, 01:39:38 AM »
Framed picture of St. Andrews (Old) #1, #18, #2 Tee & #17 green plus the town in the back ground with the sea as well.  I love it.

Jeff F.
#nowhitebelt

Philip Gawith

« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2005, 03:53:12 AM »
Michael W-P: Ooh-Aah.........! An in-joke for non followers of English football, but a great man indeed!

Yancey_Beamer

« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2005, 11:11:23 PM »
The USGA,s oldest painting,Capt James Cook on the beach at the Sandwich Islands(Hawaii).The ball is teed on sand and he is holding a play club.
A print of Hell Bunker.
A print of #17 "Valley" at Royal Dornoch.
The Old Course by Allan Peden ARIAS (resembles Mackenzie,s print)
Aeriel view of Frankfort Michigan showing Crystal Downs.
The Drive,printed by Douglas Adams.
Cypress Point in 1886.This picture is the original that was copied on page 10 of Geoff Shackleford's book,Alister MacKenzie's Cypress Point Club.
(The future site of #16 is in the background)
Autographed picture of Tiger Woods.

Jim Bearden

« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2005, 09:01:50 PM »
I have a photograph of the plaque on the 17th tee at CPC which states:

BONEY'S
    PULPIT
The 17th Tee

GENTLEMEN:
   LET US PAUSE
    FOR A MOMENT OF
     THANKS FOR BEING ONE
         OF THE FEW
              WHO HAVE
                BEEN SO
                 PRIVILEGED
                  TO WALK
                  ALONG THESE
                  MAGNIFICENT
                      SHORES.
                Clarke W.Bearden
                     1911 - 1995

I think, to this day, that was one of the greatest moments in golf I have ever had reading that, the day after the ATT at Pebble last year on the most awesome day to look across the bay.

The fact that this means alot to you has brought a tear to my eye because it was with great reverence that he said that every time he played 17. In fact he was about 79 or so he was playing with Jim Langley and Dad pulled out his three wood and Jim shook his head and asked if he really wanted to play that shot he went ahead and put it in the hole for an eagle.

Sorry to be so late just rejoined here a week or so ago.

SL_Solow

« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2005, 08:47:16 AM »
Aside from the various professional certificates and family pictures I have;
                      1. Mark Mungeam's original drawing of the proposed changes to Briarwood CC prior to our 2001 renovation.
                       2.  Framed painting of Pebble Beach # 7.
                       3.  early Neiman print of Charley Parker and Dizzy Gillespie

Jim Franklin

« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2005, 11:36:51 AM »
In my office:

A pic of me hitting my tee shot at #16 CPC
Pictures of #18 at Pete Dye, #18 at Shadow Creek ;D, #15 at Black Diamond, #s 8 & 18 at Pebble Beach, a map of Pinehurst, and a photo of Payne Stewart from '99 Open.

In my home :

My hole-in-one balls, My top hundred ball rack in my order of preference, pictures from a variety of courses, autographed Tony Twist hockey jersey, a limited edition Dr J piece, A few Michael Jordan pieces, and a concert picture of Stevie Ray Vaughn.
Mr Hurricane

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2005, 11:52:05 AM »
Jim,

I have a painted print of SRV in my cubicle a few feet from me right now (it's here because wifey doesn't want it hanging anywhere at home  ::)).  One of my favorite Christmas gifts a couple years ago.  I was lucky enough to see him in concert 3 times before The Accident.

Craig Van Egmond

« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2005, 12:11:27 PM »

Hard to believe its almost 15 years since SRV left us. Terrible trajedy.  I managed to see him 5 times though.  It would be amazing to see where he'd be today musically.

On my walls I have pictures of the 7th at Pebble Beach, Cypress 16th, Pacific Dunes 11th (autographed by Tom Doak and Jim Urbina), my hole in one plaque, a picture of Henry Fonda giving Marilyn Monroe some golf pointers, a picture of the St. Andrews golfers, a picture of the 14th at St. Andrews, a bunch of Ben Hogan pictures, 2 golf calendars, a hole of the day calender and some misc. golf paintings.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2005, 10:38:25 PM »
In 1987 I played with Arnold Palmer at Harbor Town.  I have a picturte of the two of us with the light house in the background.  My best day in golf, shot 79 and found Palmer to be nicer than I could have hoped.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

David Sneddon

« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2005, 12:50:11 PM »
In my home office:

Picture of Arnold winning his 4th Masters in 1964.

Arnold waving farewell crossing the Swilcan Bridge.

To get round to this year (hopefully):

Mounting my old 1964 persimmon driver on a nice piece of mahogany I've hidden away in my workshop just for that purpose.

Printing and framing several pictures from Dornoch, StAndrews, Crail and Carnoustie.

Framing flags from StAndrews and Augusta

Building a suitable frame for ball and scorecard  of my 75 over the Old Course last year.

Give my love to Mary and bury me in Dornoch

Dave_Miller

« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2005, 12:56:02 PM »
Beside you wife, kids, parents, etc...do you have anything golf related hanging on your wall at home or at the office.

I have MacKenzie's Old Course drawing and a Ross drawing of Pinehurst 1, 2. 3 and 4 circa 1923.

Behind my desk as water color of No.7 at Aronimink and on my credenza a picture of No13 at Augusta.
At home I have many paintings of various golf holes showing some of the greatest architecture in golf.
Best
Dave

Paul Richards

« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2005, 08:58:46 PM »
I used to have a wall full of all of the top 100 lists of Golf Digest with pins for all the courses that I have played - 90 on the 2003 list.

After the 2005 list, I don't think I will continue this exercise - even though I have covered 89 on this list.

:-[ :P :'(
"Something has to change, otherwise the never-ending arms race that benefits only a few manufacturers will continue to lead to longer courses, narrower fairways, smaller greens, more rough, more expensive rounds, and other mechanisms that will leave golf's future in doubt." -  TFOG

Paul Richards

« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2005, 09:01:12 PM »

The rest of my walls are covered in mainly the art work of Linda Hartough, which is just fantastic!!!

;) :)
"Something has to change, otherwise the never-ending arms race that benefits only a few manufacturers will continue to lead to longer courses, narrower fairways, smaller greens, more rough, more expensive rounds, and other mechanisms that will leave golf's future in doubt." -  TFOG

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back