News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt Day

Re: Audubon certified courses, do they really work?
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2009, 01:29:21 AM »
A lot of Australian courses are using a system called EPar, its relatively easy to use and covers all the areas required to be certified as having an Environmental Managment System under ISO 14001.

Richard Choi

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2009, 01:50:12 AM »
I think Audubon certification is a big marketing BS.

If they were serious and trying to do good, they should not be using the name "Audubon". They have really nothing to do with the real "Audubon Society" and they are trying to con general public with their similar name usage.

Just because "Audubon" is not a trademarked name is no reason to abuse it.

I don't care if what they are actually doing is helping the environment or not. The fact that they are trying to fake out the general public enough for me to deride their whole operation.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 01:56:48 AM by Richard Choi »

Kalen Braley

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2009, 01:27:38 PM »
I think Audubon certification is a big marketing BS.

If they were serious and trying to do good, they should not be using the name "Audubon". They have really nothing to do with the real "Audubon Society" and they are trying to con general public with their similar name usage.

Just because "Audubon" is not a trademarked name is no reason to abuse it.

I don't care if what they are actually doing is helping the environment or not. The fact that they are trying to fake out the general public enough for me to deride their whole operation.

Richard,

I can't help but also get this kind of taste in my mouth the more I learn about this program.  Seems to be semi-scammish to me as well!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back