News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

T_MacWood

Name the Golf Architect
« on: May 26, 2004, 07:18:59 PM »
What golf architect's future wife was locked in a cage as a young woman by her father? She evidently was engaged to marry her cousin (on both sides no less)....her old man was not keen on the intermarriage idea and fearing her hormones might get the best of her & she'd run off, incarcerated her for a month in  a home-made cage, with a diet of bread and water. The engagement was broken off...freeing her up to marry this golf architect.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 07:22:49 PM by Tom MacWood »

Tommy_Naccarato

Re:Name the Golf Architect
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 07:31:01 PM »
Jeff Brauer--If ever there was a golf architect that should have been locked-up in a cage, it was him.

Oh wait! Your saying that it was his future wife that was locked in a cage...... Well then I take it back. (My answer) Although I still think Jeff Brauer belongs in a cage.  Locked tight!

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 09:01:02 PM »
Jeff Stettner?

J/K  ;D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 09:20:56 PM by Adam Clayman »

T_MacWood

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 06:30:24 AM »
Certainly not Brauer or Stettner. I'll give you hint...this architect spent some time in the British Isles, although most of his design work was in America.

Robert Emmons

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 07:27:16 AM »
dev Emmet

ian

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 09:27:15 AM »
Only a pure guess, but Fowler.

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 05:54:09 PM »
Jeff Brauer--If ever there was a golf architect that should have been locked-up in a cage, it was him.

Oh wait! Your saying that it was his future wife that was locked in a cage...... Well then I take it back. (My answer) Although I still think Jeff Brauer belongs in a cage.  Locked tight!

Well, Tommy, I know you're joking, but after the grand opening crowd in Lake Jackson, TX, yesterday saw my four foot deep Biaritz swale in the 16th green, they considered caging me, but opted for tranquilzer darts instead......

;D

When are you going to clue us in Tom MacWood?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 05:55:53 PM by Jeff_Brauer »
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

T_MacWood

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 09:27:56 PM »
Robert nailed it. Devereux Emmet

His wife the former, Ella Smith, was caged by her father Judge John Lawrence Smith--a prominent NYC lawyer and judge. Ella's sister Bessie married Stanford White, the Wilt Chamberlain of his day. Not sure if she was ever caged. The Emmets and the Whites lived next door to each other on the Smith Estate.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 09:28:13 PM by Tom MacWood »

RJ_Daley

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2004, 12:28:54 AM »
Did Dev practice or have and affinity to some off shoot of the penal school of GCA?
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

T_MacWood

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2004, 06:22:34 AM »
He had a affinity for the cross bunker and he trained hunting dogs...perhaps someone familar with psychoanalysis can explain to us what this all means. Katz?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back