News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Huckaby

Re:Tom Doak makes it into our top ten..
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2007, 04:12:49 PM »
JK, while I have zero doubt there are those who wanted to shut me up, I also have even less doubt that if a poll were taken on "frequent poster you would most want to delete, at least temporarily" it would not be me who got the most votes... take a look in the mirror, my friend.

And your lack of regret for your actions is exactly WHY I will never cease to extract my pound of flesh.  Each time a topic comes up about anything relating to this, the mention will be made again.  No regret means you have no problem with the entire GCA world knowing about this, correct?

TH

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2007, 04:14:23 PM »
Click on the number of posters that is always near 1500 and it takes you to a seach engine of members.  I like to search by letter when looking to send someone an IM but it also gives you the option of top 30 posters.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2007, 04:22:09 PM »
JK, while I have zero doubt there are those who wanted to shut me up, I also have even less doubt that if a poll were taken on "frequent poster you would most want to delete, at least temporarily" it would not be me who got the most votes... take a look in the mirror, my friend.

And your lack of regret for your actions is exactly WHY I will never cease to extract my pound of flesh.  Each time a topic comes up about anything relating to this, the mention will be made again.  No regret means you have no problem with the entire GCA world knowing about this, correct?

TH

Tom,

Of course I don't mind everyone knowing about it.  If you recall, I was the one who spilled the beans on myself.  Look, I'm not going to lie to you and say I am sorry if I am not.  I am only sorry that I could not fight the temptation.  I just tried to be sorry for deleting you and making you squirm wondering if you hit the wrong button yourself but the fact that it still makes me giggle inside seems to prove that I am not sorry yet.  I'll let you know when I am.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2007, 04:27:23 PM »
You did not spill the beans on yourself, at least not immediately.  It took you a long time and only after you really couldn't avoid it did you do so.

If you truly had come out and confessed, I wouldn't be still wanting to extract my pound of flesh.

Oh well, enjoy the giggles.  I'll just file it away as part of the mystery that is you.  

It wasn't just me who was wondering why and how I got deleted, John.  Others made some serious efforts and took some serious time trying to figure it out.  If that makes you giggle, then you are even more of a mystery than I figured.

TH

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2007, 04:30:21 PM »
Architecture related post, John?    ;)

How long did you go...a month?   ::)

You're incorrigible!   ;D

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2007, 04:31:21 PM »
BINGO!!!!!

Busted.

I love it.

TH

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2007, 04:33:01 PM »
Architecture related post, John?    ;)

How long did you go...a month?   ::)

You're incorrigible!   ;D

I release Paul Thomas from my side of the deal.  He has my permission to post under any name he chooses.  I think PaulT and MikeC would look cute together.

tlavin

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2007, 04:36:43 PM »
Over 5,000 posts on substance is quite an accomplishment when I consider that I have ten percent of that number and half of mine involve being a smart-ass!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 04:37:05 PM by Terry Lavin »

JESII

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2007, 04:40:16 PM »
These are all guys who took typing in high school.   ;)

Real fancy boys huh, I know TEP is a real dandy, can't speak on the rest...

I HAD  to take typing at my Catholic high school...back then they could hit you if you didn't listen!

Well that confirms it... :-*

JES - not quite sure what you mena JES...that I'm a fancy boy?  not me...

you put the "Kiss" symbol there..if that meant you had to kiss some A** to avoid getting smacked then I'm guilty as charged!

Have you heard of a European carry-all? Your buddies might call it a purse, but we know different don't we?

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2007, 04:41:30 PM »
I'm thinking of changing my name to Iheartfreegolf2007.  April 1st is coming up and that would be a great day for all of us to post under fake names.  One of my all time favorites was Hom Tuckaby.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2007, 04:46:59 PM »
I'm thinking of changing my name to Iheartfreegolf2007.  April 1st is coming up and that would be a great day for all of us to post under fake names.  One of my all time favorites was Hom Tuckaby.

That was a good one.  But I'm partial to JackassB.   ;D

PThomas

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2007, 04:49:29 PM »

I HAD  to take typing at my Catholic high school...back then they could hit you if you didn't listen!

you put the "Kiss" symbol there..if that meant you had to kiss some A** to avoid getting smacked then I'm guilty as charged!

Have you heard of a European carry-all? Your buddies might call it a purse, but we know different don't we?

no JES I haven't heard of it...but apparently you have! ;)
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

George Pazin

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2007, 05:32:32 PM »
Man, I feel kind of queasy sittin' there at #11. I'll be happier when a few more folks pass me up. Wayne should get me in a few months, then it's up to Huck to see how quickly he zooms by....

I remember teeing it up with another gca'er, who noted I had about 3,000 posts, and it wasn't really something to be proud of (with a bit of a wry grin, I should add - I had to agree).

Please no more Sagarin questions or Wie threads. :)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2007, 05:59:33 PM »
George, I think we need to examine the role of the good and bad putter on highely contoured greens.  Whaddya say?

Me?  I'm just a peon with not even 1500.  All this talk of 5 digit posting totals frightens me.

;D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 05:59:49 PM by Tom Huckaby »

JESII

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2007, 07:19:07 PM »

Now listen Paul, I don't want your panties to get all bunched up on a Friday evening so if the  :-* :-* really bothers you I am sure I could have it erased.

How about THE PUFFY SHIRT? Heard of that? I think you'd probably like one...

PThomas

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2007, 07:20:54 PM »

Now listen Paul, I don't want your panties to get all bunched up on a Friday evening so if the  :-* :-* really bothers you I am sure I could have it erased.

us guys in Chicago don't wear such clothes JES...maybe you PA guys might ;)

JESII

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2007, 07:28:47 PM »

THE PUFFY SHIRT is clearly a NYC fashion plate...maybe Mike Sweeney will wear one to the Irish Open...

Oh, and I guarantee you, if one makes it into PA the King (or is it Queen) dandy of all (TEP) will be the one sporting it.

PThomas

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2007, 07:31:36 PM »

THE PUFFY SHIRT is clearly a NYC fashion plate...maybe Mike Sweeney will wear one to the Irish Open...

Oh, and I guarantee you, if one makes it into PA the King (or is it Queen) dandy of all (TEP) will be the one sporting it.

that might have to be the bet for some future golf match between some GCAers:  loser has to wear a puffy shirt in the bar afterwards while buying drinks!

Tom_Doak

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2007, 09:06:35 PM »
Thank God I only made it on a technicality.

Andy Hughes

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2007, 09:24:34 PM »
I am so excited---if I can only steal AG Crockett's PC, I'll be the top-posting 'A' in a few short months!! ::)
"Perhaps I'm incorrect..."--P. Mucci 6/7/2007

Matthew Hunt

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2007, 06:23:29 AM »
Why were MacWood and Tom Chucked out

John_Cullum

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2007, 09:11:30 AM »
MacWood retired.

Who is Tom? If you mean Huckaby,  JakaB claims to have deleted him for saying something stupid.
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2007, 09:34:02 AM »
JakaB claims to have deleted him for saying something stupid.

Thank God he's not the moderator or the back pages of this group would be thin.  Mea Culpa.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Kyle Harris

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2007, 10:13:50 AM »
I would like to know if anyone has ever been "injured" by posting under their real names on this site.

It has come up more than once.

Matthew Hunt

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2007, 11:05:37 AM »

that might have to be the bet for some future golf match between some GCAers:  loser has to wear a puffy shirt in the bar afterwards while buying drinks!

God, that is one lot of quotes

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back