News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy_Naccarato

Re:Naccarato, Shack, Klein grudge match
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2007, 12:52:54 AM »
Dick,
I'm going to be recieving a H-U-G-E ration of doggie do do from Jim Lipe!

Your right about the "C" game.... It should be enough. I figure with Dr. Klein's miracle putting tip from Rough Meditations, the putts are just going to drop! They stand no chance.

Joe Perches

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2007, 12:57:24 AM »
Naccarato vs. Shackelford vs. Klein, Holmby Hills GC in West Hollywood, L.A.

Those denizens of Holmby Hills might be offended to hear that you think that they live in West Hollywood.

http://www.latimes.com/classified/realestate/news/communities/2004/la-re-guide5sep05,0,509480.story?coll=la-realestate-communities-2004

AHGC can be very very busy on the weekends, but almost all of the people there aren't playing golf.  Please try not to maim any small children or card playing seniors.  I offer a very small side bet for a buck that one of you chunks a ball out on the street.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 12:58:05 AM by Joe Perches »

Brad Klein

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2007, 02:23:25 AM »
DMoriarty,  I'm sure that house is very "rustic," too.

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2007, 02:39:38 AM »
Here is our famed clubhouse, I suspect it might be a Wallace Neff design, but Wallace got screwed on the credit for it. When I drive up to Holmby, my heart tends to race and I get pretty excited. We're talking pure golf here, as good as it can get.

No matter where I live I will always hold my Holmby Park resident membership....

By the way, there has always been rumor afoot that the restrooms in this picture are the same restrooms which then in-the-closet, pop star George Michael got busted in for illegal flute playing. This is not true as  George was kicked out of the club some months before. So lets quash that rumor right now.....

I took this photo thinking it might someday have the same intrinsic value as the famed Tillinghast photo of Old Tom just outside of his shop. This is of course, Dan "Old Tom" King....

So Geoff and I are in this heated battle, it's going hole for hole and we get to the 13th.

The hole is called, Duckling Creek, which has to be carried and the ball held on to the very small green. It's a tough, tough hole of some 37 yards. So I step up and put one about two or three yards off of the front of the green. Geoff gets up there and skulls one out into the street only he claims it isn't out of bounds and that its resting on a narrow median of turf between the street and sidewalk. He's got a street light in his follow-thru or his back-swing, (depending if it's In or out, you be the judge.) with a rather tall tree in the way.

So I yell to him, that's out, and he claims, no it isn't, and me being the boob that I am go ahead and take him for his word. He then proceeds to put it three feet from the pin and of course sinks his putt, which of course I choke on my next shot and skull it long and end up with four to Geoff's three. I went even further down from there, eventually getting my butt kicked in the match.

I still think he was OB.

Here's #4, which we appropriately call, Ted Robinson. I wonder why?

Noel Freeman

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2007, 07:53:36 AM »
DEFEAT: to win victory over BEAT <defeat the opposing team.

These guys are going DOWN!

Holmby Park/Tori Pines/Armmand Hammer Pony Golf Course--BE THEREEEE!

Having played and witnessed a Naccarato-Shack-Freeman grudge match where Shack waxed us, I must say the following..

In good conscience, please get Tommy to wear his golf shoes.. His channelling of Sam Snead playing barefoot plays havoc with his game and balance.  That said, the motivation for Tommy here is huge because Shack dominated him last time and despite Tommy taking the time to flirt with a local woman (who was about 60 but due to the wonders of plastic surgery looked about 30) walking her dog, he had no shot at winning the match..

Hopefully good fun will be had by all at El Cholo in the post round hysterics.

Martin Del Vecchio

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2007, 08:28:36 AM »
Is this the course from Swingers?

Brad Tufts

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2007, 08:51:45 AM »
I believe the course in Swingers was the Los Feliz par 3.  I'm not from LA, nor have I been there, but I do know Swingers.... 8)

I have also played AH (or HH, or TP) during an LA trip.  Ryan Simper and I had a match there, where he won with a "you have no idea how to play these holes" look on his face the entire time.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 08:53:03 AM by Brad Tufts »
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Martin Del Vecchio

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2007, 09:40:09 AM »
Brad, it looks like you're right (as usual):

http://www.movie-locations.com/movies/s/swingers.html

Back in LA, Mike plays a round at the Los Feliz Golf Club, 3207 Los Feliz Boulevard.

Scott Stearns

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2007, 10:23:41 AM »
Am I alone in thinking that Trump in Palos Verdes would have been perfect for this matchup?

Would have been like that scene in sideways---only Trump would have been running down the fairway waving a club at Klein.

dsilk

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2007, 10:23:46 AM »
tommy,
does AHGC have national memberships????

huh, what?

rjsimper

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2007, 10:51:15 AM »
What day and time is "high noon" for the Shack-Klein-Nacc duel (tri-al?)

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2007, 12:00:09 PM »
Silky,
I'll put you up for one if your interested. Hopefully I won't get called before the board for doing so! ;)

Unfortunately the match is a private one. We can't have witnesses, only images similar to Saddam's hanging.

rjsimper

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2007, 12:02:55 PM »
I think I might be able to sneak by the guardhouse...

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2007, 12:04:44 PM »
Those Hartoonian Brothers, the keepers of the flame/board of Directors of the Holmby Park Citizens committee are barbaric. Don't get caught!

Call me.

Eric Franzen

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2007, 12:05:02 PM »
I think that a 36 hole playoff at The Tustin Ranch would be appropiate in the case of a draw

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2007, 12:26:24 PM »
I spoke to Tommy a few days ago and he sounded focused, ferocious, and fiery.  Of course, he was yelling about the Merion thread(s), so that might explain it.  ;)

Still, if Steve L. is booking the action here, what are the current odds on the Big Man?   If they are better than 3 to 1, put me down for a fin.  ;D

David Stamm

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2007, 12:29:38 PM »
Tommy, pull a Lee Trevino with Shack and talk incessantly to him, about the USGA and how you think they are taking the game to new heights and watch the focus evaporate! ;) ;D
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2007, 12:35:08 PM »
Tommy, pull a Lee Trevino with Shack and talk incessantly to him, about the USGA and how you think they are taking the game to new heights and watch the focus evaporate! ;) ;D

That is way too funny.   I can actually see Geoff's head explode when Tommy waits til the climactic moment of the match to suggest earnestly that Wally Uihlein should be appointed next USGA Commish.  

rjsimper

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2007, 12:36:42 PM »
What steps is Armand Hammer taking to brand itself to better appeal to its target demographics in 2007?  Perhaps Tommy should suggest to Geoff that they change all print references to the course from the Armand Hammer Golf Course to the ARMAND HAMMER Golf Course.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 12:38:36 PM by Ryan Simper »

David Stamm

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2007, 12:40:03 PM »
  I can actually see Geoff's head explode when Tommy waits til the climactic moment of the match to suggest earnestly that Wally Uihlein should be appointed next USGA Commish.  

Mike, now THAT"S too funny!!! I'm still rolling on the ground thinking of how Geoff would react to that! ;D ;D ;D
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Geoffrey Childs

« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2007, 12:43:52 PM »
Will Brad's ProV1's be deemed legal for this match?

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2007, 12:55:02 PM »

That is way too funny.   I can actually see Geoff's head explode when Tommy waits til the climactic moment of the match to suggest earnestly that Wally Uihlein should be appointed next USGA Commish.  

Tommy needs to use a laser rangefinder for the match at the Hammer course THE HAMMER.
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Aaron Katz

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2007, 01:47:25 PM »
Holmby Hills was a beast back in the permisson/balata days.  Now it's a glorified pitch and putt.  If think we should put up a pot to be taken home by any golfer who breaks 40.

Allan Long

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2007, 02:05:03 PM »
This should be a match for the ages....The last time I was at AHGC, Aaron Spelling nearly ran me down. Unfortunately, he is now gone, but maybe Tori can be "Sign Girl" for the match!!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 02:05:28 PM by Allan_Long »
I don't know how I would ever have been able to look into the past with any degree of pleasure or enjoy the present with any degree of contentment if it had not been for the extraordinary influence the game of golf has had upon my welfare.
--C.B. Macdonald

rjsimper

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2007, 02:13:20 PM »
This should be a match for the ages....The last time I was at AHGC, Aaron Spelling nearly ran me down. Unfortunately, he is now gone, but maybe Tori can be "Sign Girl" for the match!!

Tori has had plenty of practice with signs...given that she spent most of the winter posting them on telephone poles for her garage sale since papa didn't leave her much.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 02:13:47 PM by Ryan Simper »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back