News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Glenn Spencer

Re:I think someone may have had some trouble sleeping...
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2006, 04:28:50 PM »
John,

I see you keep referring to this blazing start that the guy got off to, I see bogey, par on a par 5, triple, par on the same hole he parred all week and then a par. He started and finished like a complete chop!!! The Senior guy that you speak of, well, there could be health issues and weather and all sorts of stuff brought in at that level. Nobody that thinks they can play professional golf should be shooting over 100 twice in a tournament. I will buy 101-80-82-87, but not the scores this clown was shooting.

Glenn Spencer

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2006, 04:31:08 PM »
BTW, this guy is not trying to get into a Tour event, he is trying to GET ON TOUR!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2006, 04:37:13 PM »
Here is another guy (you might call him a clown)..when should he have been sent home...+55...I want some rules guidelines..

http://pgatq.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/pgatq6/event/pgatq626/contest/1/contestant/90/scorecard.htm

Glenn Spencer

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2006, 04:40:25 PM »
Nice find, but totally different, that guy was playing bad a few days. Can happen. His 'low' was 26 shots lower than your boys, 77-103. I would buy your nerves or outside agencies plea if the scores had gotten better, but your boy got worse each and every day. He was CLEARLY a hack, and had no business being there, but if you say on that piece of paper that you are a pro, then you are a pro and there is nothing that anyone can do about it.

John_Conley

short hole
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2006, 04:45:29 PM »
He owns that par 3.  Parred it four times!

Jordan Wall

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2006, 05:14:48 PM »
Glenn,

I seem to think his start was pretty dang good.

Look at the rest of his round and then say it was not blazing.
Exactly.

JW

Evan_Green

Re:Oh God...
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2006, 09:13:39 PM »
How do you feel for Jerry Chen? He was paired with this guy for the first two rounds.

While I certainly sympathize with Jerry Chen for having to play with that guy, the funny thing is that Jerry's best score, a 72 was shot in the first round ... the rest of his scores were 77-77-75. He actually shot better in the two rounds playing with "Mr. 110" than he did in the other two rounds... go figure ::)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 09:14:15 PM by Evan_Green »

John_Cullum

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2006, 10:03:05 AM »
Here is another guy (you might call him a clown)..when should he have been sent home...+55...I want some rules guidelines..

http://pgatq.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/pgatq6/event/pgatq626/contest/1/contestant/90/scorecard.htm

From the notice to competitors:

Title:  APPEARANCE/CONDUCT
Detail:  While on the host facility property during official practice and tournament round days:

1. Players shall present a neat appearance in both clothing and personal grooming. Blue jeans, shorts or T-shirts shall not be worn.

2. Caddies may wear either long pants or tailored knee-length shorts. Blue jeans, cutoffs, T-shirts or tank tops shall not be worn. Smooth rubber sole shoes are required. Golf shoes with metal or soft spikes are prohibited.

3. Players must attempt to be competitive and must conduct themselves in a professional manner.

4. Consumption of alcoholic beverages on the competition course or designated practice areas by players or caddies is conduct unbecoming a professional. Players or caddies found to be using or selling illegal substances or using alcohol in an abusive manner shall be considered to have engaged in conduct unbecoming a professional.

5. Players must accept responsibility for the conduct of his caddie. A caddie who conducts himself in an unbecoming manner could result in the removal of the player from the competition.

PGA TOUR reserves the right to remove a player from the competition for non-competitiveness or unbecoming conduct.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 10:09:09 AM by John Cullum »
"We finally beat Medicare. "

John_Cullum

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2006, 10:06:11 AM »
AND

Title:  WITHDRAWALS
Detail:  Applicants withdrawing shall inform PGA TOUR by the applicable deadline listed below in order to receive a refund of entry fee (minus the applicable withdrawal fee). Verbal withdrawals must be made personally by the applicant and include his entry confirmation number to be accepted. All withdrawals must be substantiated in writing for a refund to be processed.

A. WITHDRAWAL DEADLINES

Pre Qualifying (All Sites):

5:00 p.m. EDT Friday, September 8, 2006

B. WITHDRAWAL FEES

Applicants Starting at Pre Qualifying:

Prior to applicable Withdrawal Deadline:  $300

After Withdrawal Deadline:  $600

Notwithstanding any prior written notice of withdrawal furnished by an applicant, once an applicant begins play in any stage of the Qualifying Tournament or the applicant is removed for conduct unbecoming a professional or noncompetitive, he will be ineligible to receive a refund.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 10:09:59 AM by John Cullum »

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2006, 10:08:00 AM »
John,

Thanks...but what do you expect of an organizantion that can't get its biggest stars to even show up...maybe they are afraid that if they start pulling guys off the course after a few bad swings everyone will go to China..

They may need to put a little league number into play...like once you are thirty shots out of the lead your game is over.  Check out all the qualifying scores...this is very common.

John_Cullum

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2006, 10:14:58 AM »
I have seen abysmal play at tour school. It always amazes me because I know the guy must have some game or he would never try. Once I had to tell a guy that his original ball and both provisionals were OB. He started crying, and decided to withdraw. His dad was there with him. I had to drive them back to the clubhouse, it was a bad, bad scene.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2006, 10:18:59 AM »
Try having a dream and going back to work for your dad..Why do you think I am so $&%#! bitter..

John_Cullum

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2006, 10:21:06 AM »
John,

Thanks...but what do you expect of an organizantion that can't get its biggest stars to even show up...maybe they are afraid that if they start pulling guys off the course after a few bad swings everyone will go to China..

I think they should cut a deal with The Golf Channell for a slot for a Big Break contestant for Tour Championship no-shows. It would be great for the ratings.

Tim Bert

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2006, 10:24:18 AM »
I've got to think that at least a few of these guys (not speculating on the paticular guy that this thread is about) have some real game but don't normally play by the rules.  Have you ever played with the guy that has mad driving and putting skills and makes lots of birdies, but ignores rules like stroke and distance for a lost ball and maybe rolls the ball around in the rough?  I've seen more than a few shoot near par that probably would have been in the 80s playing by the rules.  Stick them at the tips and add Q-school pressure and 90s doesn't seem like a stretch.  

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back