News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tiger_Bernhardt

Re:Favorite June Images
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2006, 02:41:17 PM »
Aidan, I am so thankful that gentlemen like yourself are on here. You have made my day looking a the beauty that flows from your pictures. I hope one day you can come to the deep south and enjoy the beauty this area has to offer.

Aidan Bradley

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2006, 02:46:07 PM »
Tiger, it would be my pleasure and hopefully it's just a matter of time.

Jack_Marr

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2006, 02:48:26 PM »
I played Elm Park only last week. It's a lovely course. Miltown is a nice place to hit a ball too, although it's quite easy.

In terms of sunshine, it's only rained here twice this summer - during the Irish Open and during the European Open...

And for your guide (as I know you like Bushmills), the Celtic Whiskey Shop in Dublin has some very special whiskey just in - A Bushmills single cask from a sherry hogshead and a Bushmills single cask from a broubon barrel.
John Marr(inan)

Kirk Gill

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2006, 03:18:11 PM »
Aidan, as always your images are gorgeous. To what degree do you think that images such as these actually idealize the "reality" that is there? I know, a stupid question, any bozo with a digital can capture the mundane, but I'm always curious to what degree the efforts of professionals like yourself actually create something that isn't really there. Have you ever created an image that, in retrospect, was a silk purse made from a sow's ear? You certainly have the talent......

And another question - is the site for the Oitavos course as wonderful as it looks? Does the course live up to the site?
"After all, we're not communists."
                             -Don Barzini

Aidan Bradley

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2006, 04:51:57 PM »
 "but I'm always curious to what degree the efforts of professionals like yourself actually create something that isn't really there."

Kirk, without appearing flippant, it is there, you just have to see it.

"Have you ever created an image that, in retrospect, was a silk purse made from a sow's ear?"

Quiet often, that's why I get the big buck's!!

Oitavos is just outside a beautiful seaside town called Cascais, near Lisbon. It is a fun course with some delightful holes that can be a challenge when the prevailing winds get up.

Sean Leary

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2006, 06:03:40 PM »
Aidan, I am so thankful that gentlemen like yourself are on here. You have made my day looking a the beauty that flows from your pictures. I hope one day you can come to the deep south and enjoy the beauty this area has to offer.

Tiger,

Nobody can make a picture of a pickup with a gun rack look more beautiful than Aidan Bradley.... ;)

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2006, 06:10:38 PM »
Kirk:

I can attest with absolute certainty that Aidan has an extremely special talent and can MOST DEFINITELY make a silk purse from a sow's ear.  There was discussion recently about a truly dreadful course near me called The Ranch... Aidan had been hired to photograph it... He posted some shots of it and my God you'd think it was the nicest course on earth.  And he changed nothing from what's really there.  The man is a magician, I tell you.  

TH

Aidan Bradley

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2006, 06:21:47 PM »
Ok gentleman, that's enough. You are making me blush. I am off to my favorite ale house to enjoy a couple of Irish adult beverages and get ny feet back on the ground. Thank you for the encouraging words, enjoy your golf, and long live GCA.

Aidan.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2006, 06:23:01 PM »
Aidan:

I have no clue whether this is true, but:

You suck at playing the game!

Just helping with the bringing you back down to earth.

;D ;D

TH

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back