News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us.

Paul_Daley

Re:The most beautiful golfer of all time...
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2004, 06:08:23 PM »
Come on you older dudes: LAURA B.

The rest of the gals are playing for second money.

W.H. Cosgrove

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2004, 08:07:17 PM »
I was under the impression that all of the players married a clone of that same tall blond.......you mean they all married a different gal

Well I'll be and after all these years!

Frank_Stanger

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2004, 09:36:24 PM »
I trust this puts and end to all of the personal conflicts we feel about off topic posts...

It seems the door is open...

TEPaul

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2004, 09:53:23 PM »
For sheer graceful and powerful fluidity and beauty of a golf swing Sam Snead will probably transcend all eras---just like Grace Kelly's natural physical beauty will transcend all eras.

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2004, 10:06:07 PM »
The most beautiful golfer...The most beautiful swing.....left us on that private jet which crashed in South Dakota....Payne Stewart.  That stocky, long-hair from Oregon.

I wonder how far that empty field in South Dakota is from Sutton Bay.  Isnt it kind of ironic that SD never really appears on the golf map, and now it is being talked about quite reguarly on here.  I love it.  It does my heart good.  I was kind of hoping that the farmer that had that field where Payne passed away would let some kind of shrine be built there.  Since it isnt that far from my parents house I figured I would go see it sometime.  I guess we golf nuts would do things that others would shake their heads at.

When I was in St Andrews on the day it was so foggy that they were not allowing people out on the old course, and you couldnt drive there were accidents all over the roads.  I wandered around the cemetary at the cathedral ruins until I found Old Tom Morris's grave.  Now my wife thinks I am crazy when she saw the pictures.  However the fog turned out to be the perfect setting for some great photos in the cemetary.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 10:07:49 PM by Daryl K. Boe »
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Tom Walsh

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2004, 10:53:36 PM »
Weird wild stuff-
http://www.lileks.com/institute/frahm/art11.html

One of the oddest golf pictures I've ever seen.
Cheers, Tom  :D
"vado pro vexillum!"

Michael Plunkett

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2004, 08:45:06 AM »
Payne Stewart.  Swing, attire, and later in life- his manner.

I miss him

JakaB

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2004, 08:49:45 AM »
There were times when Payne Stewart looked like a clown in his NFL getups....Snead and Hogan never oncle looked out of place......even Norman at his lowest points didn't seem to break a sweat.......I'm still going with Snead as MBGAT..

curious....Did Snead or Hogan ever sell space on their clothes or hat...

CHC1948

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2004, 09:37:38 AM »
natalie gulbis

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2006, 07:40:49 AM »
On the women's side, I nominate Sophie Sandolo. Here's her website. Take a look at her 2006 calendar:

www.sophie-sandolo.nl
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 07:43:26 AM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Jordan Wall

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2006, 09:26:34 AM »
natalie gulbis

Oh my. Yes yes yes.
Paula Creamer too!

Steve Curry

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2006, 10:03:41 AM »
Sophie Sandolo is right up there

http://www.sophiesandolo.it/

TEPaul

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2006, 10:07:15 AM »
No question at all that Snead had one of the most beautiful golf swings of all time but I still say the most beautiful and exciting golf swing to watch was Ballesteros. More than any other golfer I've ever seen (although Woods could be considered close) Ballesteros's swing actually showed loud and clear his otherwordly IMAGINATION.

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2006, 01:00:52 PM »
On the women's side, I nominate Sophie Sandolo. Here's her website. Take a look at her 2006 calendar:

www.sophie-sandolo.nl

Steve,

Some of us are trying to resist our baser urges.   Please refrain from posting threads containing such vile, unseemly images.   :-X

;)

Travis Ripley

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2006, 03:03:16 PM »
I was going to pick Ballesteros.  There was something about that fiery Lithuanian...

that made me laugh.    

i saw Stewart get it up and down out of a creek behind the green on the par 3 6th at the Southern Hills PGA in 84 (maybe)....a beautiful flop shot out of the shallow water...and hole a 10 footer for an easy par.  right when those Phil Rodgers Cobra wedges came out and Payne was playing Cobras.  but, i agree those NFL get ups were an atrocity (ahem, Ben Curtis).  

i'd say (in person) a younger Freddie Couples (though i'm not a huge fan) had a nice back and through.  buddy of mine and fellow junior golfer carried the signboard for Couples group in that same PGA at Southern Hills and he shot some sick number like 63 that final day out of contention.  my buddy still gushes it was the most effortless thing of golfing beauty he's ever seen.  he was talking about the last time i saw him at the club where he belongs.

Byron Nelson might that Texan ya'll was thinkin' about.          

i'm talking about the actual golf swing.  

on the complete slobbery aesthetic side, there are some younger Korean women players that are easy on my eyes, at least.  if you say aesthetic it sounds philosophical and not base.  right?  

#6 at Southern Hills:  the shade and gentle slopes of the land (a Maxwell trademark in Oklahoma) belies the real slopes of the hole and putting surface.  note how small the flag is in the visual.  and everything looks so easy and wide open to scale.   and the creek curls and creeps up right behind the green--photo courtesy of Chris Clouser on this self-same site.  

« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 04:14:19 PM by Clifton Lustre »

Gary Daughters

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2006, 03:37:55 PM »
How about Canadian heartthrob Freddie Couples?
And the Grecian, Villegas?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 03:42:53 PM by Gary Daughters »
THE NEXT SEVEN:  Alfred E. Tupp Holmes Municipal Golf Course, Willi Plett's Sportspark and Driving Range, Peachtree, Par 56, Browns Mill, Cross Creek, Piedmont Driving Club

Gary Daughters

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2006, 03:54:06 PM »

And .. Ghana's Colin Montgomerie is STACKED!
THE NEXT SEVEN:  Alfred E. Tupp Holmes Municipal Golf Course, Willi Plett's Sportspark and Driving Range, Peachtree, Par 56, Browns Mill, Cross Creek, Piedmont Driving Club

Travis Ripley

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2006, 04:11:42 PM »
actually, the real reason i was going to post, was according to legend, Hogan would only wear socks knitted by his wife.  is that right?  

Dr Katz

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2006, 08:26:04 AM »
My Little Munchkins-
I will be happy to offer group sessions at a significant discount. It does look like a few of you are in dire need of at least a half dozen deep psychological sessions.

Dr Katz

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2006, 09:44:04 AM »
Dr. Katz:

Set me up for a session with Laura Baugh
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Walter Bart

« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2006, 09:15:34 PM »
How about that icy look, beautiful cheekbones, and tight body of Se Ri Pak this weekend?

David Lott

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2006, 12:33:01 AM »
Phil Mickelson (that studly Thai-Caucasian-African Egomanian). Just ask him.
David Lott

Gary Daughters

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2006, 08:04:14 AM »

"Phil Mickelson (that studly Thai-Caucasian-African Egomanian). Just ask him."

They don't call him Chunky McBlockelstein for nothing!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back