News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff Doerr

A BIG Welcome to Charles Garland!
« on: December 04, 2007, 09:31:12 AM »
Hey Everyone,

Charles has been a long time lurker on the site and finally registered post number one on Jordan's uphill par three thread.

Charles was my number one golf partner for a number of years. He's a great player, who hits it very straight off the tee and pretty long. The rest of his game is sharp also. He hit the magical 69 this year and carries an index under 3.

He's also a great student of the game and GCA. He makes it a point to seek out the new course and has a great knowledge of some of the very best.

He lives NE of Atlanta now, after living a good season in Portland, OR. Now he's closer to his Georgia Bulldog roots.

Hopefully Charles will chime in and correct any of these bio mistakes. For those of you in the SE he would be a welcome partner on any golf outing.

Cheers, Jeff
"And so," (concluded the Oldest Member), "you see that golf can be of
the greatest practical assistance to a man in Life's struggle.”

Jeff Doerr

Re:A BIG Welcome to Charles Garland!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 09:51:31 AM »
Garland is the one in the Kingsley hat, yours truly in The Reserve hat. This was on our Bandon trip last Spring.

"And so," (concluded the Oldest Member), "you see that golf can be of
the greatest practical assistance to a man in Life's struggle.”

Mike Benham

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 11:15:46 AM »
I like Charles Garland.
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Garland Bayley

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 11:24:26 AM »
Gotta admit, he's got a great name.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 11:49:32 AM »
Charles:

Welcome to the site.

What the hell is your problem? Man, get some help, seriously.

Ah, what the heck, you're already here, that means you drank the Kool-Aid. Enjoy the ride.

Anthony

Scott Weersing

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 11:18:01 AM »
Hey Everyone,

Charles has been a long time lurker on the site and finally registered post number one on Jordan's uphill par three thread.

Charles was my number one golf partner for a number of years. He's a great player, who hits it very straight off the tee and pretty long. The rest of his game is sharp also. He hit the magical 69 this year and carries an index under 3.

He's also a great student of the game and GCA. He makes it a point to seek out the new course and has a great knowledge of some of the very best.

He lives NE of Atlanta now, after living a good season in Portland, OR. Now he's closer to his Georgia Bulldog roots.

Hopefully Charles will chime in and correct any of these bio mistakes. For those of you in the SE he would be a welcome partner on any golf outing.

Cheers, Jeff
Welcome aboard Charles!!

Here is one story I remember about Charles:

I got to play against Charles and Jeff in a four ball match at Pacific Dunes back in 2003. We came to no. 17 one down to Charles. The flag was in the front right. My partner hit one to eight feet. We were looking good. But then Charles rolled in a forty foot birdie putt from off the green. Of course, my partner missed and we lost the match.

Scott

Charles Garland

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 05:05:40 PM »
I feel the GCA love. My son mocks me for reading about course architecture, let alone starting conversations about it at the dinner table, but here I feel normal. Jeff Doerr would make Mother Teresa wonder why she was so selfish and mean if she played 18 with him -- the nicest man I know. Thanks for the welcome.
CG

Phil_the_Author

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 12:11:24 AM »
Charles,

What part of NE Atlanta? I'm in Alpharetta.

Michael Christensen

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 11:55:23 AM »
from another NE Atlanta GCAer...welcome to the site!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back