News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Philippe Binette

Update on inspirationgolf.com
« on: November 28, 2007, 05:01:25 PM »
Hi folk from GCAtlas.com

just a little note to invite you to my website

www.inspirationgolf.com

as any site produced in Quebec, it has to be bilingual... I hope some of you can read french.

enjoy
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 02:42:17 PM by Philippe Binette »

Philippe Binette

Re:My new website
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 05:02:38 PM »
and a quiz to start...

which golf course is on the picture of the cover page?
if you guys find this one, you are pretty damn good.

Philip Gawith

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 06:49:16 PM »
Good luck Philippe with your solo venture. The picture looks similar to tee shot n No 5 at Barnbougle. I know it is not, but you can give me 0.5 points for recognising the similarity!

Matt Kardash

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 06:53:03 PM »
Bon travail Phillipe. Tu fais plus que moi dans le domaine du golf. Si j'avais un site d'internet j'ecrivais que j'ai travailler sur entretien au club de golf Le Challenger pendant 3 ans. Pas aussi impressionant  ;D
Le francais est mas deuxieme langue. J'espere que j'ai pas faites 500 fautes!  :-[
the interviewer asked beck how he felt "being the bob dylan of the 90's" and beck quitely responded "i actually feel more like the bon jovi of the 60's"

Jason McNamara

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 07:13:31 PM »
Cool site Phillippe - good practice for my French.  But I must ask if it is le or la bunker, and in either event how did the authorities allow this "maudit anglicisme" into the language?

Jason

Philippe Binette

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 07:38:00 PM »
I am sure it's le bunker

I just hate to translate the golf terminology... so I stick with bunker, greens...

why? for the same reason nobody try to translate spaghetti from the italian language

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 08:02:40 PM »
Philippe

congratulations. I think it looks very good.

I especially liked your essay section; and I think the following was a very neat way to describe golf - golf architecture:

"Scottish people go to the links the same way Canadians go to the frozen pond to play hockey. There are no boards, the ice condition is far from perfect, the rink is too small or too big, but still it is hockey for everybody.

In a small village lucky enough to have a golf course, the links is just a place to play, to have fun. Golf is simple, unassuming but still it’s golf.

This different attitude towards the game has a tremendous impact on golf architecture. Scottish people see golf as a sport against nature, the land and the weather conditions...."

Nicely done!

Peter

Jason McNamara

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 07:19:35 PM »
why? for the same reason nobody try to translate spaghetti from the italian language

Or worse yet, vermicelli.  :)

Thanks again.

David Stamm

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 07:22:30 PM »
and a quiz to start...

which golf course is on the picture of the cover page?
if you guys find this one, you are pretty damn good.

I haven't been to either, but is it St Enodoc or Crail?
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Bob Jenkins

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 07:26:34 PM »

Philippe,

Good luck! I did not realize you were involved with Sagebrush. which I am looking forward to seeing in the spring. Do you know when the opening is planned?

Bob Jenkins

Tom_Doak

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 07:39:38 PM »
Philippe:

Well written, as I would have expected.  There's a reason you were one of our first internship winners.

I didn't ever see the golf course in your picture but I suspect it is a small Tasmanian nine holer.  Is it the one on that island off the northeast coast?

JMorgan

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 09:39:10 AM »
Very nice site, Phillipe.  I've bookmarked it, and will enjoy brushing up on my French while learning something new.  Best of luck!

(And I have no idea where that picture was taken.)

Philippe Binette

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 05:43:45 PM »
thanks for the comments,

I'll translate that 2 page article (une question d'échelle which translate to A matter of scale) in the next few days

The course of the opening picture is Wick GC, way up north in Scotland....

Good course by Braid, a little flat for a links but some simple stuff that make the game interesting.

the 2nd hole (193 yard par 3) is really good

keep tracking

Jeff_Mingay

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 06:12:25 PM »
Bob,

Philippe needs to do a little bit more work there for us in the spring before Sagebrush opens  :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 06:13:16 PM by Jeff_Mingay »
jeffmingay.com

Philippe Binette

Re:Update on inspirationgolf.com
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2007, 02:43:58 PM »
The ''A matter of scale'' article has been translated in english for the benefit of the rest of the world who doesn't speak french ;D ;D

have a nice reading

www.inspirationgolf.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back