News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kyle Henderson

Image Search
« on: October 23, 2007, 08:03:10 PM »
I'm trying to relocate an image of the 11th hole on the MPCC Shore Course. I've had poor luck with my image search on google and flickr. Any suggestions or offerings?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 11:40:39 AM by Kyle Henderson »
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Brent Hutto

Re:Image Seacrh
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 08:09:27 PM »
Here's one, copyright moi. Use it as you like (and send me an IM if you want me to dig up a higher-rez version from the depths of my hard drive)...

« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 08:56:19 PM by Brent Hutto »

James Bennett

Re:Image Seacrh
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 11:25:47 PM »
From the Panorama Cypress Point thread a fortnight or so ago

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Rick Shefchik

Re:Image Search
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 01:43:33 PM »
This gives me the opportunity to publicly state for the record that I do NOT find this hole as busy, in person, as I did when first seeing it in a photo.

Unless all of those boulders were hauled in and placed there, I think Strantz did a very nice job with what nature gave him. It's a short but tricky hole, and the elevated tees and the bunkering here do not detract from the spectacular vista. If anything, the architecture helps you focus on the task at hand. I think I might have condensed some of that elaborate bunkering between the 10th fairway and the 11th green, but I don't recall noticing it on the tee. It just clutters up the photos a bit.
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

Dan_Callahan

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 02:10:11 PM »
From that view, it's interesting how the bunkering between the fairways, with the islands of turf popping up, mirrors the surf of the ocean to the right.

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 02:24:40 PM »
This gives me the opportunity to publicly state for the record that I do NOT find this hole as busy, in person, as I did when first seeing it in a photo.

Unless all of those boulders were hauled in and placed there, I think Strantz did a very nice job with what nature gave him. It's a short but tricky hole, and the elevated tees and the bunkering here do not detract from the spectacular vista. If anything, the architecture helps you focus on the task at hand. I think I might have condensed some of that elaborate bunkering between the 10th fairway and the 11th green, but I don't recall noticing it on the tee. It just clutters up the photos a bit.

Rick,
That's actually the 6th hole to the left. The tenth green is behind the photographer...

Thanks to all for the postings!
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 02:38:06 PM »
Thanks, Kyle. I've only played MPCC once, so my geography is a bit off. I'd amend my post to say "adjoining fairway," but then yours wouldn't make any sense -- and you're the one who knows what he's talking about.
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

Mike Benham

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 02:55:03 PM »
Here is a version with people in it ;)

Two of these guys share an accomplishment that when it occurs, usually happens on par-3s ...

"... and I liked the guy ..."

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 03:03:12 PM »
Another, taken 18 years in the future  ::) :P.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 03:06:02 PM »
So sad that it's only two.

Even sadder that I know one accomplisher, but forget the other.  I think it's the rocket scientist.

BTW, good on you Rick for that admission.  Is there any chance Pat Mucci would ever do the same?

;D

Eric Franzen

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 03:17:12 PM »
Huck,

What did the distinguished Chelsea fan next to you on the picture think of your beautiful team jersey?

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 03:24:14 PM »
Huck,

What did the distinguished Chelsea fan next to you on the picture think of your beautiful team jersey?

Eric - VERY good catch.  Such attire was worn specifically for his amusement, or lack thereof.  It was a little of both.

;D

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 04:01:03 PM »
Here's my rather sub-Bradleyian effort...

Mike,
just WHO is that bloke on the left of your pic? I could have sworn he was there on the day I was too...!

Did anyone else notice that the Benham hands are Soooo Good that he can stand stock still, look so damn handsome and yet still move a golf club so quickly that it appears twice in one frame.... ;D

Once again, many thanks to a very fine gent for some marvellous 'arrangements'. And to the rest of the 'Cal Crew' for a great, great time! 2 YEARS AGO ALREADY!!! How time flies...

FBD.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 04:05:50 PM by Martin Glynn Bonnar »
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 06:00:47 PM »
Benham has moves and abilities that us mortals can
only marvel at.

And my my that guy on the left does get around.  He also
really needs to bend his knees....

;D

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 09:45:09 PM »
Thanks, Kyle. I've only played MPCC once, so my geography is a bit off. I'd amend my post to say "adjoining fairway," but then yours wouldn't make any sense -- and you're the one who knows what he's talking about.

Mr. Huntley is the one who knows what he's talking about. I'm still in the youthfully ignorant phase of my life. But seeing as how I was the geography champion at Sunset Elementary School for three years running back in the '80's, I will accept your compliment with as much grace as I can muster.

James Bennett

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 02:48:47 AM »
Here's my rather sub-Bradleyian effort...

FBD.

Martin

congratulations.  You win the honorary award for eliminating any ocean views from a picture, enabling the architecture to be judged on its own merits.  ;D

I think Tom Huckaby refers to this as the 'Pat Mucci' award.   :o  Tom also received an award (I believe) for his picture of CPC #16, with the ocean scribbled out!

That coastal view actually reminds me a little of a Scottish highlands/Scottish coast view.

James B
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 02:49:18 AM by James Bennett »
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back