News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jesse Jones

12 Miles OT- Jordan Wall Internet Superstar
« on: July 05, 2006, 04:41:12 AM »

Played with Jordan on Monday. I get to the driving range and Jordan is wearing the infamous pink polo..You remember the one, with the teal green shorts..Made him look like a walking 20 dollar chip at the Flamingo in Vegas..
Anyway, we get to the fourth hole. We notice a guy fertilizing our tee box. The man looks dead at me.. Then at Jordan and says, "Are you Jordan Wall?"..
Unreal.. The guy says he was a former GCA'er. Then he goes on about how much he loves Jordan's stuff. The two spoke for a couple of minutes..This guy was lovin all over our kid..After the conversation, with his greatest fan watching,
Jordan hits the sweetest drive I have ever witnessed. About 280 with a draw over water to a real tight fairway.
Man, Jordan was grinning like a 16 year old after..you know..
That smile never left his face all damn day long. Adding to his perfect day, his mom called to tell him he passed his Advanced Placement History test. Now he's got some college credit heading his way.
Just to let y'all know, Jordan's a good kid.
He's 16..But a gentleman on the course..

Jesse

Dan Kelly

Re:12 Miles OT- Jordan Wall Internet Superstar
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 09:24:00 AM »
The man looks dead at me.. Then at Jordan and says, "Are you Jordan Wall?"..
Unreal.. The guy says he was a former GCA'er.

He didn't, by any chance, happen to mention that he used to deliver pizza -- did he?
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Jason Blasberg

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 09:32:14 AM »
Not to steal Jordan's thunder but I had a similiar experience.  I was down at Cuscowilla with my wife and we go the this common area in front of a fire place to relax and we chat with another couple that is there and we say we're from NY, nothing else personal beside that we have a place at Cuscowilla.  

The fellow looks at me and says "are you Jason Blasberg?"   anyway, we had a wonderful time chatting with our new found neighbors in Georgia but that was really funny.  He said he is a lurker here.

My wife still gives me the business over that one.  

Jason Blasberg

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 09:34:26 AM »
My wife has corrected me and said that we didn't even say we were from NY (I really don't remember) but it was funny.  

RJ_Daley

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 12:44:42 PM »
That does it.  The next GCA.com outting, we all have to get pink polo shirts with teal trim, oversized, and wear them not tucked in.  ;D  Perhaps uncle Georgie can find an outlet where we can order said shirts and he can put a very understated GCA.com logo on the sleeve.  Not tee shirts either, they have to have a collar. ;)  Maybe Dana Quigley knows a haberdasher...

Jordan, you are da'man wit da' bomb! 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 01:08:42 PM »
Ya right, you met Jordan Wall and he is a superstar.

Where are the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And nothing obviously photoshopped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 :-\
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 01:11:58 PM »
I hope to see Jordan at the Philadelphia Outing on July 21 at Lederach. We will be posting pictures.
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Jordan Wall

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 01:18:32 PM »
Dad and me are looking forward to probably going to the KP event next year.

Yea, it was funny about that guy on the fourth hole, who apparently is the super over at Harbour (I know your reading this, so hey Ken!!).  He goes, hey Jordan.  I turned around as fast as a chubby 16 year old can turn around and said, "yea, me"...the rest is history I guess.

Before I leave the teebox though, after we talk, he goes
"You in trouble young man, tuck that shirt in"
It was funny
And I did not have those shorts on as I did at Tumble
They were plaid, even better
I had not read this thread until now, I am still a little taken back

AND SEE, I GOT MY FIRST COLLEGE CREDIT AS A SOPHOMORE AT THE CLASS WHERE I USUALLY WAS ON GCA
 ;D ;D ;D
Now how bout that!!!!!!!
 8)

RJ_Daley

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 01:18:50 PM »
Mark, as Dan Kelly alludes to, it was the "Pizza Man" thread.  I am frustrated by that search tool here so you are on your own to find it... ::)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Mike Benham

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 02:06:26 PM »

Not to steal Jordan's thunder but I had a similiar experience ...  

The fellow looks at me and says "are you the Mike Benham?"  

How else do you meet a Fat Baldy Drummer in Scotland walking down the first fairway at Kingsbarn ...  

"... and I liked the guy ..."

Mike Benham

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 02:14:19 PM »
Mark, as Dan Kelly alludes to, it was the "Pizza Man" thread.  I am frustrated by that search tool here so you are on your own to find it... ::)

As was noted in a thread a while ago, it is easier to use Google's search to find topics by simply narrowing the search to the GCA website ...

In the Google search box type in the website you want to seach followed by the key word(s) ... such as this ...

site:golfclubatlas.com pizza man[/i]
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 02:14:44 PM by Mike Benham »
"... and I liked the guy ..."

peter_p

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 02:50:19 PM »
This is the thread from 2001;
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forums2/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=12142;start=msg203807#msg203807

I've had a lot better results using the search engine by increasing the number of hits from 50 to 500, and increasing the date range. Here I searched Pizza, 1860 days, and 504 hits.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 03:19:48 PM »
Michelle Wie? Who's Michelle Wie?

Jordan Wall is the man of the hour. Clearly he could beat any girl named Michelle. Let's ask this Michelle Wie character how she did on her AP History.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

peter_p

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 03:23:17 PM »
Please be kind to Garland. He is responding to a post I deleted.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 04:14:14 PM »

Not to steal Jordan's thunder but I had a similiar experience ...  

The fellow looks at me and says "are you the Mike Benham?"  

How else do you meet a Fat Baldy Drummer in Scotland walking down the first fairway at Kingsbarn ...  

So I'm wandering round to the first tee for my only bag of the day. A dashingly-handsome, silver-haired, dapper dan is wandering over from the practice green.
I think I hear the Starter say: "Mr Benham, your group is up next".
The dapper gent nods and gets his group organised.

They alight the teebox and begin their round. After a couple of his playing partners have driven, the silver fox tees it up, swings like an angel and we gaze in admiration as his drive disappears - and I mean, DISAPPEARS! - into the distant first fairway.
His opponents mutter ironically: "yeah, Nice Ball, Mike".
A couple of neurons fire in my brain and make a ridiculous connection. "Benham"? "Mike"?
NAH!
What are the odds?

Strolling down the first fairway, I sidle over to the damn handsome one and ask: "Are you Mike Benham?"

VERY COOL!

FBD.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 04:15:18 PM by Martin Bonnar »
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 06:36:07 PM »
Scary. Very scary thread.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 08:33:11 PM »
Scary. Very scary thread.

Since another thread determined that the number one gca pickup line was "Hi, I'm Jordan Wall of GCA.", don't be surprised in there are chicks wandering around Oakmont at dawn going, "Are you Ryan Farrow?"

Jordan Wall

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 11:51:32 PM »
Ryan Farrow, one day I am going to scare the piss out of you and come behind you, tap you on the shoulder and ask if you are Ryan Farrow.
Just dont kick me...
 ;D

I like the pizzaman thing better but this guy was so awesome.  Apparently he was the superintendent at Harbour Point, and I got his phone number (the maintenance number, not his number, dont worry) so we are going to play in the next couple weeks.  How cool is that!!  Just a cool little thingamajig, one of the many little things which has made this site so great!

Troy Alderson

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2006, 12:58:43 AM »
Careful all, we may be creating a monster in Jordan.  His future is so bright he may have to wear shades.

Troy

Eric Franzen

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2006, 04:17:14 AM »
I am glad that all of these events are some what related to gca.com.

Otherwise, it might not be a good thing when 16 year old boys is approached by male strangers who have seen their pictures on the Internet...

Jordan, I am not surprised that you had a good day with Jesse. He is a great guy to hang with. Funny as s**t!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back