News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tiger_Bernhardt

The walk in the park test
« on: July 31, 2004, 11:27:02 AM »
There are many things outside of the architecture of the site which make up part of the golf experience at a particular course. We all note the ocean and dunes on a links course. The guys just came home from Banff which brings running Rivers and Mountains into the equation. I tend to like one really well placed pool near a tee with a gorgeous somewhat  exhibitionist lady laying next to it each day brings a moment of calm to the round.

A_Clay_Man

Re:The walk in the park test
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 11:58:56 AM »
John- You've been to Lawsonia? She has just that. Somewhere later in the round there's the one small pond that is only in play for that knuckle ball drive that goes forty yards and dives dives.

At Banff, the river was as integral to the experience, as any outdside influence could be, especially when the closers were along it.

At Jasper, the pond on the 14th is more than an exhibisionist, she's more like an angel. Of course she's an angel with teeth if you draw the ball unsuccessfully.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 12:03:34 PM »
I tend to like one really well placed pool near a tee with a gorgeous somewhat  exhibitionist lady laying next to it each day brings a moment of calm to the round.

Wouldn't that make it the "Awkward walk in the park" test? ;D
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2004, 12:19:55 PM »
Joe, yes for a few steps anyway. lol Adam, I found Jasper to be one of the great walks anywhere. At Banff in a bizarre way the hotel is like the town at TOC. You find yourself looking at it and playing shots and thoughts off of it.

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2004, 12:27:19 PM »
JB- I concurr on Jasper. I had the distinct pleasure of walking what I thought was the most varied and wonderful golf course imaginable.

Andy Hodson

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2004, 12:55:48 PM »
Tiger
I agree completely with you. One of the redeeming features of housing development golf. ;D

Here at my new course, we have just such a situation. Unfortunately, one has to wait until #18 for such a refreshing pause, but maybe it makes that clubhouse beer that much colder.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2004, 05:16:20 PM »
lol Andy that is great. She is very bold to have 18 as the hole to catch a few rays on. 16 tee at Metairie CC had a wonderful goddess in her backyard each afternoon. and Tiger Point East near Pensacola had such a lass by 12 green. I tend to prefer scenery of that type by a tee.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2004, 05:18:39 PM by Tiger_Bernhardt »

DMoriarty

Ride in the Park Test
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2004, 05:55:32 PM »
Ought not the Subject be changed to Ride in the Park Test?

Lance Rieber

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2004, 10:47:52 PM »
There used to be one such situation on the 12th tee at Elkhorn Country Club in Stockton Ca.  During the summers I lived with my dad I would love to come to this hole in the hot afternoon and roll up the sleeves.  Man the noise from that ball exploding off the clubface would surely make her head turn and her legs get wobbly.  Hopefully she would look up and see this great golfer and fall instantly in love with his farmer tan and short socks.  Alas it was not to be and not only didn't she ever look up I realized I just pumped my eight straight driver on that hole OB.  It was only a long iron and a 8-9-pw to the hole.  OHHH but the anticipation.  Great memories.
lance

RJ_Daley

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2004, 12:28:33 PM »
John, please let me know when you get this concept down to a more refined routine such as a "poke in the park". ;) ;D :P
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back