News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adam G

« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 07:05:58 AM by Adam G »

Buck Wolter

Re: The Evangelist of Golf  / George Bahto
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2024, 10:15:04 AM »
There goes my retirement plan
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Mark McKeever

« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2024, 01:42:44 PM »
Damn, I should have sold mine..
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Ben Malach

« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2024, 02:20:02 PM »
So excited for this, I have read this book multiple times. When I have had access to it. I consider it probably the gold standard in architectural history. As it's approachable but yet wonderfully deep.

I wish that George had continued to be here to see the blossoming of the appreciation for C.B.'s work and the recreation of the Lido. Also selfishly it might have given him time to complete his book on C.B's protege Seth Raynor. Which continues to be one of the great what ifs for me in the world of golf architectural literary cannon.
@benmalach on Instagram and Twitter

PCCraig

« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2024, 05:13:41 PM »
Even though I already own a copy of the original, I went ahead and bought another copy of the new edition. Happy to support the re-print.
H.P.S.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2024, 07:54:15 PM »
So excited for this, I have read this book multiple times. When I have had access to it. I consider it probably the gold standard in architectural history. As it's approachable but yet wonderfully deep.

I wish that George had continued to be here to see the blossoming of the appreciation for C.B.'s work and the recreation of the Lido. Also selfishly it might have given him time to complete his book on C.B's protege Seth Raynor. Which continues to be one of the great what ifs for me in the world of golf architectural literary cannon.

Not George but still good.

https://back9press.com/pages/raynor
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2024, 08:22:57 PM »
Even though I already own a copy of the original, I went ahead and bought another copy of the new edition. Happy to support the re-print.
Likewise. I can loan the second edition out without making the loanee sign a form.  ;D  Looking forward to it.
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I generally ignore Rob, Tim, Garland, and Chris.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2024, 10:05:25 AM »
Really glad this is being reprinted. I had an extra copy that I gave to a friend, and now I'm able to have a backup.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2024, 10:30:04 AM »
I only had one copy of it myself. 

Fortunately I knew the copyright holder, so we could do the reprint.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back