News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Dugger

Stonewall II
« on: November 20, 2003, 05:21:08 PM »
For those of you out there "in the know" what is the latest?  I thought I read that it is opening up soon.  Can we get some pictures yet?  Is it going to "make some noise" with the "experts"
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

Jason Mandel

Re:Stonewall II
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2003, 07:14:50 PM »
mdugger,

Stonewall 2 opened either in the beginning of september or the end of august.  do a search on the this site and you can find a few different reviews.

from what i have personally heard, the course is EXCELLENT, but i have not had the chance to get over there.  

i believe Ran played it last month, but i don't think any pics of it have been posted as of yet.

jason
You learn more about a man on a golf course than anywhere else

contact info: jasonymandel@gmail.com

ForkaB

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2003, 07:18:37 PM »
I believe that the naming process was quintessentially minimalist.........

Tim_Weiman

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2003, 08:35:13 PM »
Mike,

A couple months ago someone asked the same question and I responded with a post detailing my impressions. As jmandel suggests, you may want to look up that thread and review the comments various people made.

FYI, Stonewall remains one of my favorite places in golf, a venue I'd like to visit every year or two. As you may have heard, the golf courses themselves are only part of what makes Stonewall so appealing. The club has an almost perfect low key relaxing environment to play golf and the people running the place are just a joy to be around.

Sorry not to comment specifically on Stonewall 2 or North or the "udder course", but you can find that on the other thread.
Tim Weiman

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2003, 07:46:45 AM »
You will be able to see Ansel "Redanman" Adams Stonewall II photos in an article coming out Jan in Philly Golf Monthly.

JC

TEPaul

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2003, 09:32:04 AM »
From what I've seen of it I have a strong feeling this Stonewall2 when the course reaches maturity and gets into it "ideal maintenance meld" may be something very special and very different--at least for this area. Maybe not all of it but certainly enough of it!

Michael Dugger

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2003, 01:20:05 PM »
Thanks for the input fellas.  I remember everything that was mentioned or discussed here in the past including the construction photos that were posted, I am hoping some new information would come down the pipeline.  

I too am very much looking forward to seeing the course reach full maturity.

REDANMAN---Let's see those pictures, my friend. I'll trade you my John Daly autographed copy of Sports Illustrated from when he won the PGA.    :D :)
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back